Someone build something already !!! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone build something already !!!

I built a shelf thingy the other day out of some angle and 1/8 plate. I refuse to show my ****ty welding in a public forum though. Especially right after these ^^ pics. It was the first thing I ever welded, and I have to say I am surprised that it can hold up my little welder and helmet, lol. It'll be quite a while before I try to weld anything on the truck that has to support more than 50lbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some progress on the bumper.

Maaannn.. you desert guys and your giant "lasers".. cutting "steel".. making "gnar gnar" parts. Looking fantastic btw :)

No lasers :) Just sawzall blades, cutoff wheels, flapper discs, and hole saws for the side pieces. The tops and bottoms were cut on a shear. And thank you.

Progress so far. It's coming together, but still have a lot to do.

P1020943.jpg

P1020942.jpg

P1020944.jpg

Mr. IZ is so lucky I had no decals on me when I went by his place.. Saw the van, a camry, and a honda.. If only I came prepared.

I am working on a spare tire carrier to fit into my reciever hitch. Started cutting steel today probably wont get welded up until this weekend. I will get some pictures once its done.

I got it fabbed up and a quick coat of paint on it. Once it warms up more I will put a better coat of paint on and and do something with that spare rim that looks like crap. I also need to fab up something for the license plate because I don't think the cops will like it the way it is now.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Have any further away pics? Looks cool but does it stick out as far from the back window as it appears?

IMG_0006.jpg

Ya it sits out kind far. I like it because I can still open the window with it up, but would be nice if it was closer.

That came out great! Nice job! :thumbsup: That'll be handy for when you move up to 37s! :D

Hoping I will have complete bumpers buy then. Can't afford them yet so this was to hold me over. Was getting tired of keeping it inside and having no room for anything else.

Never seen a picture of your truck before. I really like the dark gray/black on the bottom with the red. What wheels are those?

Its black Raptor bed liner. There is salt on there which makes it look grayish. They are Black Rock Lobo rims. I really like them and they aren't the soft 8's that everybody has.

Also before anybody is worried about that tow loop. It is off an f150 and the steel tubing it 3/16" so it should be plenty strong. It will not be used much but wanted to put it there just in case.

More info on plasma table. Guess I will get the lowdown when I see you this week.

Yeah I will tell you about it then. For others the brief rundown is: 4x4 Bulltear table running Sheetcam for the g-code and a Hypertherm 1250 cutter.

Yeah I will tell you about it then. For others the brief rundown is: 4x4 Bulltear table running Sheetcam for the g-code and a Hypertherm 1250 cutter.

ohhh!

oooops, I think I showed my O face

...That's it...I'm moving closer to Brian1 as he always has the coolest toys to play with...:p:

Hey Mounty71 hows that bumper coming along?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess i forgot to update. But since the last time i posted, i finished it, and i love it! Added the downtubes to the A-arm mount for the skidplate and a tube between those two, added tabs for the skidplate (which i still need to get cut out), added diagonal tubes to support the sides, cut and trimmed the ends of the main tube, and made a removable light bar and a place to mount a flag for Pismo and Glamis. And got it all painted and installed. I also added a crossmember to the frame because i realized there is nothing in front of the engine. It's heavy for sure, probably about 60 lbs., and i went offroading with it on and now i really need some new front shocks that i can valve to whatever i want. I'm also gonna be getting some #1 torsion bars which are the stiffest ones. But i'm really happy with how the bumper came out

P1020973.jpg

P1020972.jpg

P1020975.jpg

P1020974.jpg

Back