stock deck with system?

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
i lost all my bass in my mercury, i was wondering if i could just buy a cheap sub and amp from bestbuy and then wire it to my stock deck? i dont want to buy a deck just yet because im saving up for a fold out screen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should be able to, u will have to wire by an amp with "hi-volt" inputs, which means they tap into a speaker wire to get signal. it is significantly harder to install than a normal audio setup. but it is still not dif###ult. Sound quality will suffer. but when u get a deck u will want to rewire the amp.

Or you could just get them to install a line converter that will convert the line level to RCA that's what I did with my Mustang and my Explorer. I did it so that when people walk by it looks stock.

I would go the line level converter, if you just want cheap for now, your best bet would be one of the bass tubes.

i just bought a 12inch alpine e type and a power accoustic amp, the guy at best buy gave me this halo kit or sommething?

Back