STock Speakers Buzz when Pressing the Gas Pedal! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

STock Speakers Buzz when Pressing the Gas Pedal!

MonaLeMoo

Reaction score
City, State
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Explorer Sport
I think I have a bad ground or something..;( The back speakers..have this really high pitched buzzing sound when I accelerate the gas!! COuld it be bad ground? If so..where do I find this ground to fix it??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sounds like it will probably be a problem with your fuel pump grounding. Can you make sure the relay is good and all wiring to the pump is good with good insulation?

DO the what, with the who now?

No idea how to do any of that :(

If it helps...it only strated happening AFTER I installed my amp and sub and cd player. When I turn my CD Player Off, it goes away.

Hello Mona, welcome to the boards!

Did you run the Power cable and the RC's for the amp along the same side of your truck? If so this could be the reason your getting the noises, its better to run the RC's down the passenger side and the Power cable down the other.

The other reason could come from the ground wires. If the previous solution wasnt the case then try grounding your amp and/or Headunit to something else, something you know is metal and connected directly to the frame.

Hope this helps

Later,
Sean

check all grounds and make sure the are really good contacts on bare metal. Some people have used inline filters on power wire for these noises. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Hello, and Thanks!!! I love it here already!!! :)

Okay the wires as far as I know..run down the center console..through the center of the seats...to the sub and amp. they're together, down the center of the truck.

I think its probably a bad ground...but what ground? The one to the speakers?? Like..I'm not sure where to look for that.

Thanks for all the help you guys! I appreciate it so much ;)

Originally posted by sean4385
Hello Mona, welcome to the boards!

Did you run the Power cable and the RC's for the amp along the same side of your truck? If so this could be the reason your getting the noises, its better to run the RC's down the passenger side and the Power cable down the other.

The other reason could come from the ground wires. If the previous solution wasnt the case then try grounding your amp and/or Headunit to something else, something you know is metal and connected directly to the frame.

Hope this helps

Later,
Sean

Back