Stoopid click click click...

Jeffe

Reaction score
City, State
silver spring, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer xlt, 97 xlt
HEEELLLLPPP!!!
Hi, I recently replaced the heads, rocker assemblies and pushrods in my 94 explorer accompanied with new gaskets and head bolts. Ok so I got it all back together and the car started fine and drove well.:) I parked it from one day to the next and thats when the problems began... it seemed as if the battery had died because all i was gettin was clicks from the starter. I went on to replace the starter, the wire to the to the starter, the solenoid right next to the battery and the battery. I made sure that all the connections are clean and tight but all im getting is just clicks, fast and repeated... when I turn the key to start it goes click click click click click...:mad: the motor is not seized as I have removed the spark plugs and manually spun the motor. Can there be a bad ground some where? The starter is grounded by way of the mounting bolts, correct? Any info would help. Thank you for your time. Jeff:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

then if all of the above is good to go then look at the cables ....if they are stock / factory then they are most likelly corroded on the inside of the cable.
it doesnot matter how many tmes you clean the posts on the batt and the cable ends the resistance is still there and preventing the starter to work .

hey i have a motorcraft catalog at work i can get you oem part numbers on cables

I replaced the cable from the battery to the starter. When I did a voltage drop test on the new cable it read no drop. I'm am officially stumped...

Did you replace the battery ground cable yet? It's the only thing left, I'd guess you do have a bad ground somewhere, either along the negative battery cable or one of the body ground wires.

You might also want to check the battery voltage and the starter too. Just because things are "new" doesn't mean they work, or everything on them works. The solenoid mounted on the starter might be bad, and the old one on the old starter might have been bad as well.

You sure replaced a lot of stuff. I hope you can take it all back and still have the old stuff to put back on...

Back