Tapping Starter Motor ~ Click, click, click | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tapping Starter Motor ~ Click, click, click

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally got the money to put both of the cables in. Still no start.
So far....The battery is new...starter relay is new....bothe positive and negative cables are new.
I think I messed up the plaement of the wires at the relay or the wires at the starter.
When I try and start the engine......The positive cable is hot to the touch....makes me think I messed up the placement of the wires. Does anyone know where the starter relay wires go?
On the starter.....I have a small wire and a larger wire. If you are looking at the starter.....The larger wire is on the upper peg. and the smaller wire is on the side on a smaller peg.
Anything sound wrong?

My starter has a flat connector for the smaller wire(18GA) and the pos cable(1 or 0 AUG). Check to make sure that the pos cable is not touching anything else. It might be grounding on something. I beleive there are 2 poles on the solonoid. I think one is grounded to the case and the other is the possitive connection. I think thats how it works, I havent taken one apart in years.

I have an aftermarket starter without the flate spade connector. It has 3 post areas. I am stumped...Thanks for the info josh! ;)

If you have a digital camera take some pics and e-mail them to me and I will look at/post them. Its hard to get a mental picture when you dont know what your looking at. I'll PM you my address.

Back