Strange Noise on Driver Side Doors 2012 Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange Noise on Driver Side Doors 2012 Ex

jamesblake

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
Just got my new 2012 Explorer 3 months ago (mfg 01/2012) - starting last month there has been a strange noise on the driver side rear door. The best way to describe it is the noise a speaker makes after applying power to it -- it makes a slight kind of "pop" noise. It almost always happens as I accelerate, and now its starting to do so as I decelerate -- always under 5MPH. I notice it as I go over the curb into my garage. I thought maybe the frame was flexing and rubbing the door, but the gaskets all look normal and properly gap'd.

My wife accused me of farting in the car yesterday after the noise happened, so I know I am not hearing things.

I have a long history of phantom noises with my 2010 Mustang GT - I traded that in after 5 attempts at the dealer and they could never reproduce it. I don't want to go down this path with my local dealer again now on the new Explorer - I have not seen any applicable TSB's. Any thoughts?

Back