street tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

street tires

i'm considering putting wider tires on my stock rims.

i'm not sure if i want to go with 255/70/15 or 275/60/15.

the 255/70/15 is +.3" taller than stock. the 275/60/15 is -.8" shorter than stock.

as far as my speedo is concerned, i'd rather go with the taller tire, but i'm not sure if it will give me the look i want.

any suggestions?

anyone have pics of tires this size on their EX?

i'm also considering 255/65/15 pirelli scorpion zero's.

I think your best bet might be to just get some bigger rims and then work on the sport truck look... unless you like the look of donut sized tires on your X.
I would go with the first option if i were you (255/70 15)
If you had a 16 inch rim (you can get the stock tri spoke chrome ones from red96camaro, hes selling them) then i would go with the 275/60 16 (thats if you want to stay close to stock size)
the bigger rim would look a lot better IMO

thanks for the feedback ChuckyD.

i'm leaning towards the 255/70/15. a guy at work has them on an F-150 that's lowered in the front. i think they would look better than my 235/75/15 goodyear's.

i'd like to buy those wheels from red96camaro , but i don't really have the cash for wheels and tires.

i'm also still trying to come up with $$$ for shocks, sway bar bushings, and a xenon air dam.

i also need to sell my sega DC w/ 4controllers, 40 games, plus many accessories and demo discs. i need to make a list of everything i have and post it for sale or trade in the classifieds forum. i want parts for my EX bad.

Back