Whats your favorite street tire (not offroading) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats your favorite street tire (not offroading)

I thought I would start a thread in which people could discuss their favorite sporty tires. Most of the threads consist of off-road tires and may give some options on what to buy if they dont leave the pavement.

That said I love my tires to death. They are Yokohama Avid S/T and since the day I put them on my x rides better, handles better, and brakes quicker. The only trepidation I had on the tires was the 40,000 mile warranty. I can definitely see that being how soft the rubber is on them, but its all worth it for how well they have done.

So lets hear your favorite streets shoes for your x.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kumho Ecsta,STX

Goodyear Eagle F1's.. When I had them on the ranger (before the bags) seemed to handle a little better...

Nittos, Pirelli's and Falkens are my favorite.

Nitto- no question about it.

I ran Toyo Proxes ST for a couple of seasons and was really impressed with their performance.

Just an FYI- Toyo makes Nitto and they are basically the same tire.

BFGoodrich Radial T/A's. Yeah, that's right, max rim size availible 16 inches baby. I like the sport truck look before people started putting 20+ inch rims on there trucks.

OK. But my tires say Nitto, not "Toyo".

performancenut said:
OK. But my tires say Nitto, not "Toyo".
Toyo makes them.... as in Toyo makes the brand Nitto. This is nothing new or odd. Cooper makes Mastercraft, but there is no Cooper name anywere on them. Same thing as BFG makes Regul, and all the others.

If money isn't an issue. Pirelli's or Nitto Drags (most people autocross on the drags)

However I use Kuhmo's on my stang. They are great priced, do what I need them to, and I don't cry when I have to replace them from doing powersides all day. :)

I bout some Nittos and will be trying them out on my new rims tomorrow

Back