• Register Today It's free!

stuck throttle

jaxon

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
Had a stuck throttle today when i stepped into it. Almost went throught the intersection. Shut car down immediately. Checked under the hood linkage was free and clear. Went out tested it later happened again only when i stomped on it and it got past 3500 rpm. This time though it disengeged as soon as i touched the brake. Just installed bama chip programer. Possible problem with the cruise control and throttle input?
Any suggestions will be contacting Bama Chips as well.
Mike

Hey man, i live in Vancouver too. I go to UBC. Anywasy ford sent out a recall, i got one for my mounty, that is some climates especially cold ones, the throttle body cable will stick. My mountys cable stuck when a semi pulled in front of me i had to accelrate and it let loose again. I cant recall the exact scenario on what would happen but take it to a ford dealer and have them adress tha issue. Did this happen up north in squamish or whistler or here in vancouver?

haha canda has some cool towns, squamish and whistler :)

Happens to me only in the winter. Happens all the time, independent of the RPMs. I always wondered if I was the only one or not.....
Again, only happens in the winter, once temps get 35 and below. Never happens in the summer.
Karl

Back