Stuck yet again... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stuck yet again...

Well - the recurring theme in the FLEXPLORERS club is not who will be stuck next, but when will Jon get Tramp stuck again!

Here I am trying to climb up a sandy hill and got completely buried. It took 1 hour of digging and about 18,000 lbs of winch and come-alnog pulling power to finally extricate me from this mess...
mm250.jpg

The link below shows a bunch more pics of the stuck and the process of pulling out...

Dead Link Removed

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL.....What Jon has forgotten to tell you....There was a Sport that went up that hill before Jon, It took the truck ahead of him several attempts and a lot of beating and bang to make it..So he really never had a chance.
Something else, this Hill whipped us the last time out..Being the determained person that he is, he wasn't going down without a fight..
Third, technically, you conquered the hill, you hit it at the bottom, and powered over the top..
I'll let you go first next time buddy..LMAO

niiiiiiiiiice!! so how do ya like those tires??

lol u got yourself in a nig rut there

BAH! Looks like childs play ;) Actually, that looks like fun wheelin... hehe, if i were in front with my boggers, it would be hell for anyone who followed... cept maybe riff, cause he'd hit it at 60 if necessary....
I like sand at times, cause it is easy to get stuck in, and when wheelin, I like bein a ba$tard like that, and make 2 others get me out :smoke:
Pete

Hey guys!
Yeah - the sand was fun. The pic is a bit deceiving as it was a pretty steep hill I was climbing. I ended up doing a bit more damage than expected too :)

Besides the tupperware party (tore trim right off the side) and the duck-footed front end (aligned today) I broke the welds off of the rear axle holding the spring perches on! Go figure... I guess anti-wrap perches aren't alway anti-wrap :D

Riff - the tires are awesome - no way around it. Real aggressive and the dig quick! I can't wait to re-gear cuz these 3.27's get old quick!

Jon

go bigger= get stuck worse!!
man I can't wait to put on my lift!!!!

Hey Jon do you have a copy of the instructions for the lift??

I don't have one, but here is a link to a brief description. I would be sure to WD40 everything for about a week before diving in. And if you don't have an impact wrench, rent one! Huge time saver!

Dead Link Removed

Jon

blah blah blah.....

SELL THE TIRES !!!!! and damn'it boy get some gears. man i couldnt imagine 3.27's with 35's. gee thats insane.
Howard:D :D :D :D

Back