Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT was
How do you connect your factory amp, so that
you can hook up to an aftermarket deck.
The deck has a spot for rca jacks for a rear
sub application.
If this can be done?

More likely than not, your aftermarket deck already had an amp built in. Those "rca jacks" are actually pre-amp outputs. To connect this receiver to a factory amp, you simply connect the amp and receiver via the pre-amp outputs. If you only have one set of pre-amp outputs, you will only be able to control either fade or balance, it depends on how you connect the components. If you have two sets, you can control both pending proper installation. If you have three sets, be careful, one pair is most likely a low frequency set for your sub. Proper connections is important for all of your components to work properly.

------------------
1992 Explorer XL
4.0 L V6 5 Speed Manual

I bought a JVC reciever and 2 JL audio 12 with a Clarion amp. We had problems with factory amp. with noises and it would cause my front speakers to shut off on any given minute. I took it to a car audio expert and he said that the factory amp was trying to override the recievers power. something about overheating my factory amp. Anyway everyone I had talked to that had a factory amp had disconnected from it because of problems with aftermarket receivers and amps.

Thanks guys and gals.

Back