Sub for a Q-Logic custom enclosure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sub for a Q-Logic custom enclosure

mrossirr

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory,North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 4x4
What would be a good brand of sub to put in a Q-Logic factory fit 10" sub enclosure? Just looking for a little thump.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Rockford Fosgate HE2. It sounds great!

dsc00002.jpg

made my own stealth box...its got a image dynamics v2 10 in it. waiting on an amp. btw, its hooked up to my system in my room, bumps about as much as the 2 8's running in there

Any sub that's built for a small, sealed enclosure will work fine. It also depends on the amp that's going to push it? I have a JL W4 in mine, and it works well. Most all manufacturers make subs for small, sealed enclosures now......

Hey fish man am also interested in building a box. How did you go about building the box? Did you use glass and what is the internal volume ? Do you have any pictures? I would greatly appericate your help. Am going to use a diamond audio m5 10inch sub.

Black Magic; doesn't the surround on that sub hit the inner edge of the enclosure when it pumps real hard?

hey, ill get ya some info asap

Hey Fish Man,
You said you built your own stealth box? Do you mean one that fits in the corner pocket like the MTX? I would love to see a pic, and info on how you built it.

Originally posted by duz
Black Magic; doesn't the surround on that sub hit the inner edge of the enclosure when it pumps real hard?

Yea, a little. But it is just on the very edge of the rubber surrond. So it doesn't really make any sound. You sure can't hear it over the sub anyway.

Black Magic- Thanks for the picture. Here is what I am going with :

Q-Logic enclosure
Rockford Fosgate # RFP 3410 SUB
Lighting Audio B150.2 AMP
Pioneer DEH-P3500 HEAD UNIT
Going to wait a little while on the speakers. What do you think? Will this give me a little THUMP ?

Plan on buying towards the end of the month. I have been checking out all of the web sites that everyone has mentioned on this board. There does not seem to be a great difference in price between the different vendors. One other question is about dynamat. How much should be put in the area behind the sub?

Originally posted by mrossirr
...One other question is about dynamat. How much should be put in the area behind the sub?

I recomend one layer of Dynamat on the sheetmetal. Then get a can or two of spray Dynamat. Spray a bunch arround where the box will be and then press it into place and that will seal everything together and keep it from rattling.

Here is what I had installed

99 EX SPORT
Pioneer DEH-3500 HU
Lightning Audio B150.2 Amp
10 " RF Sub
Q-Logic custom enclosure

I have a question about speakers. I want to get more of the mid and high range sounds, can I do this by just replacing my front speakers ? Any input would be helpfull. BlackMagic thank you for your pictures and information.

Back