• Register Today It's free!

sub problem, need help

pookapa

Reaction score
City, State
Granby, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer
I have a 97 xlt with a pioneer deh-3800 head unit, i wired the stock sub to the headunit and i also had a 10" amplified bass tube using the second set of outputs on the head unit. everything has been working fine (been about a year) untill, the bass tube rolled over and yanked on the wires on the tube a bit, (it happened before and didnt have any problems) so i check the connections everything still connected. but then i started hearing a tick tick tick sound when playing a cd, like the cd spinning sound comes out of the woofer(both factory woffer and basstube) , i pulled out the head unit, checked connections, pulled the rca for the tube to see if any difference, the sound wasnt as bad but still there. also when i would turn off power to the head unit it factory sub would make a pop sound along with the cd spinning sound and now it doesnt even put out as much bass, sound more like a deep speaker, this is all happening to both the factory sub and bass tube, i didnt mess with anything and dont know how or why this started, any ideas????

Back