• Register Today It's free!

subs make a heart beat sound

Doomie17

Reaction score
City, State
harford county, md
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 limited, 93 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say its the horrible quality amp that is inducing noise. Try grounding the HU chassis to the amp chassis. Also try grounding the RCA shields to the HU chassis or the vehicle body/chassis

The last time I had that problem was when my brother shorted the speaker leads on a Soundstream Reference 300 amp. Speaker would go to max excursion during the pulses, so beware if that is your problem...

Heartbeat noise

I had the same problem and never found the issue. I also had a Panasonic head unit, so it may be a problem with them. I have poured over the wiring and I'm sure speaker leads are not shorted. My head unit has since died, so I am temporarily back to the stocker unit. I am about to pull all the wiring for the amp out and start over with a new head unit.

That sounds just like a shorted preamp cable. Check for screws going through your RCA's, and try a new cable. I have had a few dozen brand-new RCA's that were garbage straight from the package.

i have the same problem and cant figure it out. im not running a panisonic in running a dual head set. i have no clue what it is though. i tried downing the fuse amp size but didnt help and i dont think its my system cause i had the same system in my eclipse.

I have had this problem before, it was caused by a bad ground so check your ground

Is your power wire ran near your speaker wire? I have been told that this could affect the sound.

Is your power wire ran near your speaker wire? I have been told that this could affect the sound.

You'll almost never see this in the real world, but it is possible. It is far more likely to have induced noise in your patch cables, as the speaker wires are higher voltage.

You'll almost never see this in the real world, but it is possible. It is far more likely to have induced noise in your patch cables, as the speaker wires are higher voltage.

I have personally experienced this in my X. It was remedied by pulling out all my amp wiring and redoing it properly. Power Cables down one side of the truck, RCA cables down the other side. I ended up running a 1GA cable from the battery (fused withing 6in of the battery), to a fuse block in the truck. From the fuse block, I ran 2 4GA power cables (1 for each amp). Each amp also uses a 4GA ground wire, kept as short as possible. FWIW, I have found that using high quality cables (both power, and RCA) makes a huge difference. Poor quality cables can allow signal to "leak" out of the sheathing causing ground/power hum.

Also, Pyle is an extremely low quality product. Having said that you don't need to run super expensive equipment. Unless you're going for competition, a middle of the road amp will do fine. I have never had a problem with Panasonic HU's, they are a decent middle of the road deck. Just so you know, the link you gave shows a Pioneer HU.

my friend has had the vehicle heartbeat for a while. all that was his problem was the ground was not grounded proper. it wasnt making a good connection and was giving feed back

and also the fact that he was using speaker wire for his power/ground probibly didnt help haha

Back