• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions for window tint?

Splint333

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Someone had the brilliant idea of breaking out my car window and trying to steal my stereo this morning so I figured since I'm gonna have to have the new window retinted anyways, I'd go darker than the stock "solar tint" on the front windows. I was wanting to just match the rear windows. (It has the "privacy glass" if that makes any difference) I had also heard that it should be a little darker in the front because of light coming in from the windshield. Being in Texas it gets very hot during the summer and I figured some darker tint would help that. I'll probably take it up to a local tint shop and have it done but I was just wondering what would look the best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya, that's probably what I'll do. The tint laws here are 25% front and back. Rear Window can be any %.

I got mine tinted 15% on the front two and 5% on all the back. I wish now that I would have matched the front to the rear better. I have the privacy glass on the back as well. If i get them retinted I will get refelctive on the front to hopefully match the back. But definitely try and get the front to match the back!

I think after a certain year they stopped putting the reflective tint on. My privacy glass just looks like normal tint to me so there shouldn't be a problem with that.

I wish I had that. Mine is extremely reflective and does not match the front wahtsoever, but with 5% and the 'privacy' it might as well be 0% :)

Back