• Register Today It's free!

sun visor driving me crazy!

projectPONY

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Explorer XLT
the driver side visor of my '02 XLT just won't stay in the up position anymore. can anything be done about this? our does the whole thing need to be replaced?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't figure out anything at all on the visor vanity mirror door. I ended up just replacing the visor. 2 screws and 1 wire connector and your back in business. I think the thing that kills those visor doors is when people close the door by flipping up the entire visor with the door open.

my problem is not the mirror door, it's the visor itself.

you may try simply tightening (or installing) the screw towards, where
its supposed to be tight.....

:salute:

I'll refer you to this thread as it may help.
Click Me!

If I remember correctly, there is a spring that sits on the end of the metal shaft above the headliner. It is part of the visor assembly. It compresses when you flip the visor down. It compresses against the plastic mount that attaches inside the cabin, the part that you see. The plastic mount above the headliner can break. Take yours down and look. It just takes a couple of minutes. Carefully pull out the 2 wire harness. There is a connector just inside the headliners. Gently tug on the harness to bring out the connector.

Back