Sunroof Leak 2014 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof Leak 2014 Limited

matthew.pasco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Hi everyone. First off, I'd like to thank the site and its members for all the help I've received thus far by reading previous posts.

However, my sunroof on my 2014 Limited Explorer started leaking(all 4 drain holes are clear and drain properly) it appears to be coming from the front seal(duplicated it only once). The sunroof won't open, the shade will go from full open to half closed (won't slide all the way to the front). I've checked two fuses, one on the drivers side (BCM low profile 10 amp fuse in position 38, and one BJB 20 amp fuse in position 8) and they are good. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Welcome to the Forum Matthew.:wave:
In regards to the moonroof, it could be the motor that slides the glass. The shade has its own motor.
Check out this thread found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right). http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/explorer-moonroof-will-not-open.458865/
As for the leak, since the drain ho;es are clear, it could be a seal that is gone. I believe there was another member that had to replace the moonroof motor due to it getting wet because of a leak. Becoming familiar with the 'Search' feature can find you many informative threads. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Matthew.:wave:
In regards to the moonroof, it could be the motor that slides the glass. The shade has its own motor.
Check out this thread found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right). http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/explorer-moonroof-will-not-open.458865/
As for the leak, since the drain ho;es are clear, it could be a seal that is gone. I believe there was another member that had to replace the moonroof motor due to it getting wet because of a leak. Becoming familiar with the 'Search' feature can find you many informative threads. Good luck.

Peter
Thanks Peter!

Back