• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof shade tearing up

geosnooker2000

Reaction score
City, State
Somerville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4
I've looked over the forum and can't find anything other than references to the GenI sunroof shades. My shade on my '96 EB (that slides manually back for sky viewing) is getting torn up. I would love to buy a new one, or re-cover this one. It looks ratty. Plus, since the material is getting shredded, it rattles going over bumps and potholes. Very annoying. So the $64,000 question is how does one get it out? Do you have to disasemble the whole freakin' headliner? If so, what are the chances of actually getting THAT back into place afterward unharmed? TIA for any help.
George

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump.

I wish I could help you. All I can say is the complete sunroof assy's I see for sale in eBay come with the shade in the assy. That doesn't bode well for you. It may mean the roof has to be removed. But I'm just guessing here. When I get a chance, I'll see what the manual says.

I wish I could help you. All I can say is the complete sunroof assy's I see for sale in eBay come with the shade in the assy. That doesn't bode well for you. It may mean the roof has to be removed. But I'm just guessing here. When I get a chance, I'll see what the manual says.
That's the problem. I have a Haynes manual, and I have looked thru the body section, and it doesn't address the sun roof at all. I figured somebody on here has delt with it before I will have to.

I believe the whole headliner does have to come out. And it's easier than it seems to remove. I remember seeing a thread on here of someone turning their headerline blue :( . But they had a sorta write up on removing it. I'll see what I can find.

Back