• Register Today It's free!

Superchips Programs

platnumized02

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer sport
I just recently purchased a superchips blue chip on ebay for $45 and got it programmed for my car at a local shop, GAW Racing. Once the chip was installed I expected to have the rev limiter and speed limiter removed, however this was not the case. It turns out that superchips does not have the key to unlock the RS program on a PPG1 ECU. Does anyone here do custom programming for superchips chips? If so, can you remove the rev and speed limiter off of a PPG1 explorer, and what is the cost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about the chips. Doug at bamma chips does a lot of work with SCT stuff and I know he can reprogram the flashers (will have mine next week). He is a board sponsor. There is a link to his site at the top of the page. Just contact him.

Hey guy,

I do SCT programming and not Superchips, yes they are a different company. I can remove your rev limiter but unfortunatly I can't do it with your chip. The best I can offer you is a $100 trade in towards a new chip.

Thanks, Doug.

Brian_B said:
I don't know about the chips. Doug at bamma chips does a lot of work with SCT stuff......

Doug904 said:
.....I do SCT programming and not Superchips, yes they are a different company....

I just learned something. I posted about that I didn't know about the superchips. Now I know. They are different companies. :)

Brian_B said:
I just learned something. I posted about that I didn't know about the superchips. Now I know. They are different companies. :)

I sort of knew that, but forgot. Thanks for the reminder, Doug!

It's a common misconseption because the name actually means Superchips Custom Tuning. In the beginning SCT used Superchip's hardware, chips/tuners, to write their programming on. Even a version of software very similiar to theirs.

Now, since SCT has grown by leaps and bounds they are trying to destiguish(spelling?) themselves away from Superchips and be known as SCT alone.

This is one of the main reasons, I cannot tune a Superchips style chip at all as my software isn't compatiable with theirs. Our base Single program chip is very similiar to there's except we use a red cover and it says SCT on the back and they use a blue with Superchips.

Thanks, Doug. :)

You'd think SCT would change their name to break away completely.

call them
" Super Dooper Chips "

:)

I've been out of town since I psted this thread and am surprised at the amount of feedback. Thanks for the help!!! Doug I'm interested in your offer to take my chip in on trade for a hundred bucks, but need to know the cost of your chip and the cost of shipping and so forth. Please respond.

Thanks, Nivardo

I don't think doug gets messages from here. Contact him through his E-mail. He answers those as fast as he can. He has my SCT tuner for reprogramming right now.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Back