suspension system problemss!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

yasser1986

Reaction score
City, State
taif - saudi arabia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, explorer limited
i am planning to buy 2020 or 2021 explorer, but 3 of my friends have explorer (2014-2015-2017) complain about the entire suspension system. Sway bar links, Strut mounts, shock absorber, Control arms and bushings even engine mountings... and other parts also.

these parts keep wear out faster than normal compared to other SUVs.
and the weird is they drive quietly, they don't go off road, taking care of their cars.

i have 2010 ford edge and I haven't made any repairs since the date I purchased and everything on suspesion system still prefect as new.

i wounder if this problem is still exist in 2020 explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This should be on the 2020 board as you are comparing two different generations. Im a sample size but I had zero suspension issues until 150k when both front control arm were shot. I replaced everything else in the front suspension proactively at 130k because shocks and struts are tired by then.

Thread was moved.

Completely different vehicles from the ground up. You can't compare the 2 at all. My 2011 had over 150k on it and not one of those ever wore out.

Completely different vehicles from the ground up. You can't compare the 2 at all. My 2011 had over 150k on it and not one of those ever wore out.
That is very relieving news, but 2020 still unibody SUV, so maybe suspension system still almost the same. I hope it is not.

That is very relieving news, but 2020 still unibody SUV, so maybe suspension system still almost the same. I hope it is not.
It's not the same. Rwd vs Fwd bias. No sharing of parts. Different platform. You cannot compare the 11 to 19 vs 20 plus Explorer.

Back