• Register Today It's free!

Swap seats

BExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XL 4x4
Does anybody know if I can swap the driver seat for the passenger one. The driver side is sagging a lot, and I dont have passenger often, so the passenger one is still firm. I would like to interchange them and have the firm seat on the driver side. Are the railing the same, or could I just detach the seats from the railing and re-attach one the other side.:confused:

You can swap the seat frames and covers but you will have to remove the latch and tracks from the drivers seat and passenger seat so you can keep them on the right sides. You will have to partially remove the seat covers so you can get to the bolts, but there should be 4 bolts taht attach the seats to the tracks, and three or four bolts taht attach the latch to the seat back. I had to do some of this because I swapped an explorer latch, seat back and bottom to my ranger track. The other thing you could do is if it is just the padding that is getting soft, and not the springs in the seat, you can just swap out the padding, which is probably easier. To do that you have to take the seat covers off then just swap out the padding.

Seats

I am almost shure it's only the padding that is diminishing from year of sitting on it. I think I'll only swap the foam, it will be alot more easy, and I need to clean those cover toroughly. My wife will also appreciate the softer seat when she hop in.

Back