swapping lift from broncoII to 92 explorer xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

swapping lift from broncoII to 92 explorer xlt

casey

Reaction score
City, State
farmersville,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
I HAVE A 86 BRONCO II THAT I INSTALLED A SUPERLIFT
6 IN. SUSPENSION LIFT. BUT I RECENTLY ACQUIRED A 92 EXPLORER. MY QUESTION IS I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN REINSTALL THE LIFT ON MY 92? THE TTB FRONT END IS IDENTICAL, PLUS THE EXPLORER HAS THE DANA 35 WHICH IS BEEFIER THAN THE DANA 28 MY BRONCO II HAS. I THINK THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT SWAP.......
ANYBODY EVER CAME ACROSS WITH THIS IDEA OR ANY OTHER INSIGHT IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.THE BRONCOII HAS BEEN A GREAT RIDE BUT ITS BECOMING MORE OF A MOVING TETNIS SHOT
THE EXPLORER HAS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK TOO.(IT USE TO BE MY WIVES TRUCK) SHE'S BEEN EASY ON IT BESIDES I JUST GOT HER AN 02' EXPLORER SHE DOESNT CARE WHAT I DO WITH THE 92.......:D

Just as an FYI, another good site to visit is therangerstation.com. There is an abundance of knowledge there especially with the BII.

The lift kit should be the same as far as the front TTB is concerned.

Superlift has done several updates to their lift in the last few years including stronger drop brackets, redeisnged drop brackets, re-designed radius arms, and different coils. You might want to consider getting the updated parts from Superlift prior to installation.

Have you thought about swapping the drivetrain and interior from the Ex into the BII instead? :)

Back