• Register Today It's free!

Sway bar help

killer7

Reaction score
City, State
NW Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Alright, for lack of a better place to post this I'm putting it here. If its the wrong place I'm sorry.

Anyhow, I got into a accident where the front passenger tire slammed into a curb at about 40mph, the whole truck went up with the weight completely on the one tire (!).

Bent brake roter, the tierods are shot, the passenger side shock is bent a bit and the front sway-bar links are bent up pretty good (aka cutting torch time for them). And the swaybar bushings (the steel part of them) were SEVERLY damaged (ripped off one of the bolts to the frame...heh.) My question is, is the swaybar alright?

The pics of it are here http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/elitekiller7/Front%20Swaybar%20pics/

I say its bent a bit (The passenger side bend to hook up seems off compared to the driverside, I don't know how big a deal this is but thats why I'm asking) but my friend is saying its A-OK.

[Edit]
Forgot to add, with the sway bar on the tires don't hang down level while jacked up. With the sway bar off they hang down perfectly level.

Sorry for the wave of information, I've never had to mess with suspension before and want to make sure if I just go whipping this bar back on I won't be rolled over in a ditch :roll:

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
(This forum is great. btw)

P.S. The truck has been in some sort of frontal collision before I got the truck, thats all I know about it. (Looks like driver side front smashed something judging by the newer looking parts)

Back