• Register Today It's free!

Swaybar diameter

evilmike198

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
I have an '04 xlt 4x4 with about 61k miles.

Does anyone know how big the front swaybar diameter is? I ask because last weekend I replaced the stock front swaybar bushings/brackets and swaybar endlink bushings with those from energy suspension that have a grease fitting.

Every time I would go over a speed bump or pothole, or road irregularity of any sort the front suspension would creak and groan, so I bought the grease-able bushings from energy suspension.

I read somewhere that the front swaybar diameter was 30mm, so I ordered the 30mm grease-able swaybar bushings and installed them with no problem. When I put them on, the bushing did seem to be a little loose around the swaybar, but as I bolted everything back together the gap closed and it seemed pretty tight. Took it for a test drive and it seemed ok. The unGodly creak and groaning were gone, so I was just happy about that. But just this past weekend I jacked the truck up to replace the brake fluid and I noticed that there was a gap between the bushing and swaybar again. So I'm thinking that the bushings I bought were too big and I want to get the correct size now.

thanks,
mike

Back