Sync 3 w/ 500w Sony, terrible audio quality | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 w/ 500w Sony, terrible audio quality

I thought that too, but no it does it in different spots.
Satellite eye of view. no blocking between you and sky. including trees hills, bridges, buildings. it will act like a skip or pause. I've had two explorers now and both acted the same.

When it does cut out on Sirius, does it do it in the same location on your route? If so, it could very well be a bad reception issue or 'dead spot'.

Peter
Up here in the north, my problem is opposite of yours. Never a reception, but in certain spots sirius will connect for a couple seconds. LOL. Oh well, at least I get to listen to sirius over wifi on phone during the free trial.

To all in this post, you will have to remove the crap Sony stock Amplifier. I did it with a product called a DSR1 from Rockford Fosgate. link -->
Copy and paste this in your browsers address bar if clicking it doesn't work. I'm not paid by them or anything like that but this thing is so cool!

To all in this post, you will have to remove the crap Sony stock Amplifier. I did it with a product called a DSR1 from Rockford Fosgate. Copy and paste this in your browsers address bar if clicking it doesn't work. I'm not paid by them or anything like that but this thing is so cool!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Only drawback that there seems to be is that you have to have either an IOS or Android tablet or Smartphone. Other than that it seems to be an interesting solution.

Peter

Back