T-Case swap 4405 to 1354 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T-Case swap 4405 to 1354

Robroll

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal Quebec Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
I changed my old t-case 4405 "4x4 auto" to a 1354 "All mechanical" and I want to know if someone has the electrical pin out for those 2 electric motors (truck and motor plugs).

The 1354 is really stronger so I prefer this one but the electric plug is round with only 6 wires "if I remember correctly".

But the 4405 comes with a controller and the plug under the truck is square and has like 12 or 14 wires.

So I would like to plug the 1354 t-case motor in the 4405 plug "under the truck".

If you have that electric schema or pin out, please let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find a way to make my motor run with 2 switch

I will give you more details as soon as possible ! ! !

The 4405 and the 1354 have the same bolt pattern The only problem will be the motor.. maybe the 4405 motor will work on the 1354 (same one except for the electric pin out)

I may try this with a new Motor mine is not working.

So I temporary decided to make it shift manually.

What I did is Remove the motor and use the gear and gear casing to make a shifter.

Those pictures may help to figure how I did.

PC050009.jpg

PC060032.jpg

PC040006.jpg

PC040007.jpg

would it be possible (looks like it from the pics) to permanently make it a manual shift? im assuming you would need to make shift gates so you dont slip out of gear, correct?

My last version have a hole in the rotor handle and 3 hols in the top plate to be sure nothing slip. I used a pine to lock every thing.

Bun If you put more pressure on the 3 holding screws, it wont slip. My truck is working like this fore more than 2 years and I don't have any slip problems.

Can you post a better explanation of what you did?
I get the bolt welded to the stock gear and how the housing was cut, but don't understand the locks to keep it from slipping out of gear.
I have been trying to figure out something that would work to get rid of the motor for a few months now, and all versions work great till you head down the road, then things change on their own and it isn't good.

Ray

..but don't understand the locks to keep it from slipping out of gear
There are a few ways to accomplish this.

For example, you could use some detents on the motor adapter. Or additionally, you could depend strictcly on the shifter bracket's "gates" to prevent the shifter from moving out of place.

Detent -- aka "Spring Plunger"
3408A109L.GIF

I like this "Spring Plunger" great Idea

What I did vas to drill 3 hols in the plate ''were you can see 4l, 4H on it'' and one in tra rotor handle.

The hols were exactly aligned were the gear was supose to stop when angaged in different gears (2H, 4H, 4L)

I yoused a kind of cutter pin tu block the rotor handle

That pin pass in the rotor handle hole and in the top plate hols.

I will try to bring som pictures

Sorry for my spealing, Im French Loll

Thank you, I have used spring plungers for many different things in my occupation, never thought about it for this purpose.
Spring plungers come in various spring tensions, some are real stiff, when you order them be aware that a 30# end force is not what it takes to move it, but the amount of force exerted by the ball in an outward direction.
They also come with/without nylock. All I found in McMaster Carr were 3/4" length, so you can jam nut it in place.
Some sort of cover would be nice, as I have had to replace some that filled up under the ball with fine crud and would therefore not release.
Thank you again.

Ray

To prevent dirt in the spring plunger you may want to lock the gear inside and not the handle... I think I'll do it on my truck

what did you do about the speedo?

I did not put back the speed gear sensor because its not a dally drive but I know it is possible by taking off the plastic cap on the 1354 and put the 4405 speed sensor in it.

Back