Taskers Gap/Peters Mill (Virginia) Run | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taskers Gap/Peters Mill (Virginia) Run

Yeah for camping follow the brown signs for Powell's Fort. I think that's open year round but I'll verify that this weekend too

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a week away, so who is in? What day and time? What channel?

Im def in on saturday, meet up in edinburg at the sheetz , i figure 9 or 10 but its up to you guys, i dont have a CB though i can try to borrrow one, and one of my buddies might be bringing his truck down too

I can go Friday or Saturday. If I go Saturday then I can work on my X on Friday.

I'm definately down for Friday. Unsure about Sat... My brother is moving that day and I would hate to have to ditch him.

id like to get a skid plate made as well as a tow hook or 2

Sat. is going to work out better for me as well, it turns out I have to attend some family stuff on Fri.

Just went by the trails and everything looked open at this point. There was a sign mentioning it would close in January to prevent cold weather erosion but I didn't see anything closed at this point. Lots of ATVs around

For anyone who wants to camp (somebody mentioned that) the Powell's Fort campground area is open. I've honestly never seen it completely close. A closer place to camp would be the Little Fort (?) campground right by the northern edge of the Peters Mill run on theTower Road. I've also seen people camp on the Edinburg side of the mountain on 675. Just be aware that it got down below 20F last night due to this cold front that moved through

Keep an eye out for deer and hunters when driving around here.

Sounds like its gonna be a Saturday run, which I'll likely have to back out of. Is anyone going up Friday for a run.

ok so do we have a list of who all is going, i will be and my buddy is bringing his 5.0 ranger, he has a winch if needed. im just trying to figure out how many people for sure, a far as a time goes i think 9.00 at the sheezt in edinburg would work out well. also im trying to get a CB so what channel are we going to be on

I'm in. I can go Friday or Saturday, but it will be a day trip for me. Either day is fine - just let me know where and when to meet up with everyone...

Saturday is sounding more popular. The Richmond contingent will be comming from the southeast up State Route 675. I believe that it would be best for us to meet at the parking lot (Edinburg Gap, P4 on the National Forest Map) at the trail head. It looks like we are 3-hours out so 9 to 10:00 sounds good.

Just FYI there's a 40% chance of snow with an accumulation of about an inch on Wednesday night. If it happens and if it hangs around then that could make things fun

ok so heres the list i see so far

Unclemeat
tenikiwon
mattharrell(maybe)
xplorer92
paul n
xzibit a
xzibit a's friend with a ranger
Unclemeats friend
whitengineering
josh (maybe)

if i missed anyone or anyone is not going let me know so i can update the list,
we will meet at the parking lot (Edinburg Gap, P4 on the National Forest Map) at the trail head at 930 ish and head out around 10,

Actually I'm an unknown since I'm still now sure what's going on with family things that day since out of state people will be in town. I'm only right around the corner, though, so it's not a big deal to run over there if I can

See you guys Sat.

Cool, how about CB channel 7.
I can be reached by phone at 804 901-2176.
My buddy Spike is also going with his 99 X.

Sounds good. I'll try to find you all on Saturday at the trail head. I haven't been to this part of the GWNF before - this is on 675 between Luray and Edinburg, right? Will try to pick up a better map between now and then. I'll probably have my kids along (ages 10-14), too...

Hopefully will have a CB in and operational, but if not I can be reached on the cell at 540-273-7232

I'm back in. Richmond guys - are you getting together in Richmond and convoying up? I'd like to follow if you are. My cell is 757-544-0216. Anyone heard from Josh or Boomin'?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul - if you're coming from Fredericksburg then you should be able to pick up 675 over in Luray (behind the airport) and come up over the eastern edge of the mountains. You then need to head up north a few miles until you get to a fork in the road. The left side is 675 and it goes over the western edge of the mountains to Edinburg. The Tasker's Gap trail head is at the top of those mountains there on 675. Oh and cell phones don't work well in the valley if they work at all.

Back