Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
Went to the dark side after owning a F150 years ago to buying a new Silverado 1500. Between getting heck of a deal that no Ford dealer could meet and getting my supplier discounts or equivalent, it was no brainer. Its not my daily driver but rather a pleasure vehicle, the DD is a 4runner shown in the background in one of the pics. Luckily work is only 5-7 minutes away.

20220729_164903.jpg 20220729_164844.jpg 20220729_164917.jpg 20220810_100054.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Went to the dark side after owning a F150 years ago to buying a new Silverado 1500. Between getting heck of a deal that no Ford dealer could meet and getting my supplier discounts or equivalent, it was no brainer. Its not my daily driver but rather a pleasure vehicle, the DD is a 4runner shown in the background in one of the pics. Luckily work is only 5-7 minutes away.

View attachment 433935 View attachment 433936 View attachment 433937 View attachment 433938
woah, nice! let us know how the new rado treats you ;) whats it got under the hood?

woah, nice! let us know how the new rado treats you ;) whats it got under the hood?
no issues so far.. standard 5.3.. hopes lifters are fine lol

Did you have a leg injury awhile back?

Did you have a leg injury awhile back?
Yup snapped my femur into pieces.. bought it abut a month ago while I was still injured

Well, I didn't go that new, but I also nabbed a silverado when my explorer bit it a bit back. Mines a '95 with a 5.7l, that 5.3l ain't bad though, especially after a few upgrades! Sorry to hear about ya leg, doing better now? Not sure when it happened.

IMG_1052.JPG

Well, I didn't go that new, but I also nabbed a silverado when my explorer bit it a bit back. Mines a '95 with a 5.7l, that 5.3l ain't bad though, especially after a few upgrades! Sorry to hear about ya leg, doing better now? Not sure when it happened.

View attachment 433965
I'd ask if you need a hand but I see you already got one. Need a set of chromoly spheres hanging from the back bumper.

I'd ask if you need a hand but I see you already got one. Need a set of chromoly spheres hanging from the back bumper.
Oh yes, the puns! It's a real handful. I've got the rear end covered in different ways (snake skelly and another hand, more to come), probably won't do that, funny suggestion though! Lol

PicsArt_09-02-12.37.15.jpg

Yup snapped my femur into pieces.. bought it abut a month ago while I was still injured
Hope you feel better soon. I like your truck.

Yes, hopefully you'll be healed up real soon! Its definitely got all the bells and whistles, a lil' jealous especially since I'm sure it has working a/c!

thanks. it was a rather spur of the moment purchase. Didn't originally plan on buying it but the price was way better than anyone else around so I jumped on it. only $1K a month for the next 3 years lol

Yes, hopefully you'll be healed up real soon! Its definitely got all the bells and whistles, a lil' jealous especially since I'm sure it has working a/c!
Not really fully loaded just has the essentials. Wasn't a factory order but rather off the lot LT model so it doesn't have stuff like rear seat cup holders instead in the doors. Other stuff are lacking like sunroof, AC120 outlet, etc. But it was super cheap compared to other similar ones.

Not really fully loaded just has the essentials. Wasn't a factory order but rather off the lot LT model so it doesn't have stuff like rear seat cup holders instead in the doors. Other stuff are lacking like sunroof, AC120 outlet, etc. But it was super cheap compared to other similar ones.
Okay, let me rephrase, bells and whistles compared to mine! lol
At least it should ride nice too

Okay, let me rephrase, bells and whistles compared to mine! lol
At least it should ride nice too
LOL except i'm broke now. I spent most of my savings to put down the down payment of $18K

LOL except i'm broke now. I spent most of my savings to put down the down payment of $18K
Well so am I lol
Spent most my savings trying to save the ol' explorer before finally saying it's too much, then had to pay to use another guys vehicle for a bit to get around, then got my new truck and used what lil' I had left to do that and still owe some family for it, but then my job burnt down and I'm helping with the rebuild trying to scrape by lol
So I get that, though I didn't spend that much so the fact ya had that much anyway was already nicer than me. But hey, that's still a good truck, probably end up being worth it, especially being newer, probably have less issues, especially for a long time

Don't feel bad. I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

Back