• Register Today It's free!

Thank You SO MUCH!

JaeKThomas

Reaction score
City, State
Philly
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer V8!
alright first off let me say im addicted to this site! ok ok i was a little slow with typing up a proper greeting, but theres so much ive learned from this board over the past few months i havent had time to do much on the computer due to the installations on my X. below ive got a list over the stuff ive done to my X since i got it in january. i love this truck man...only have one pic i could find, ill post more later

WARNING: THIS X WAS STOCK WHEN A BOUGHT IT, EXCEPT FOR THE SECOND ALARM WITH REMOTE START, AFTERMARKET HORN AND POSSIBLY THE PARKING SENSORS (I HAVENT SEEN ANOTHER 2ND GEN X WITH THEM YET)

2000 V8 5.0L FORD EXPLORER AWD EDDIE BAUER EDITION

January

- bought the truck, installed my Pioneer DEH-7800MP the same day along with my pioneer 5x7s (not sure of their model #) in the front doors (thank yoooou haynes manual!)

-a week later got 20% tint put on 6 of the windows, and 35% on the rear (above keyhole) my truck is dark as all hell at anytime, day night doesnt matter. remember the tint for all the back windows where put on top of the privacy glass

l1e89e6c3c1ba7adc22dc77tq5.jpg

February

-swapped stock headlights for silverstar ultras (awesome results! bright as ever!)

-installed 7" TView flidown monitor (my first time, ran power wire through pillar to accessory wire behind head unit)

-wired factory sub to aftermarket headunit (THANK YOU!)

-installed amp kit (first time) power to distribution block, (4 to two 8 gauges) one going to amp the other to my power inverter.

-disected a micosoft zune car charger, and hard wired to cigarette lighter (look below for why)

-installed ps2 in trunk area, microsoft zune in center console (kinda just sits in there.) a/v cables to both items were both ran to video game/input selector residing in glovebox ($5.00 @ walmart) then to monitor in roof and headunit.

March

-replaced 7" TView monitor with 13.4" widescreen Pyramid flipdown (around $150 on allaudioexpo.com) bridged power for monitor with power for dome lights ran to same accessory wire behind headunit

-installed video amp between roof and headliner (look below for why)

-replace message center with custom 6" boss monitor (THANK YOU!!!)

April

-completed destroyed 6" message center mod to try again (wasnt happy with my results, that bondo is hard to work with!) now sits on angle I can view comfortably while driving/parking

-changed every frickin stock light bulb (except for vanity mirrors, dash/door and dome lights in 13.4" monitor) with white leds (bought on ebay, just used stock bulb numbers, no breadboards.) including map lights, license plate, trunk/cargo area, rear seat, and puddle lamps on mirrors

-installed 10" neon bar (green) in driver side/passenger side footwells (under dash) which i wired to the dome lights so every time i turn on the interior lights they come on, same thing goes with opening the door

-installed 15" neon bar (green) under rear bench seat (just bridged with front neons)

May (so far)

5 days into may and Ive done the following:

-used duplicolor truck bedliner spray on everything black (interior trim) for texture to match 6"tv housing

-removed rear cd player/heating controls and replaced with outlet from power inverter (COMPLICATED AND TAKES A HELLA LONG TIME! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN THO!!!)

-bridged two more 10" green neon bars into doors so you can see my speakers whenever lights are on or doors are opened

-installed second outlet from power inveter in rear/cargo area wall (where the tire iron is located for easy access) the actual power inverter housing is also in the wall with tire iron

-sprayed chipping/peeling roof racks with bedliner spray (looks great!)

to total up everything id say 50+ hours or installation time, $500-$700 (including tools) in money dropped (i dont even have any subs yet) ive been electrocuted once and ive had 2 small electrical fires (which werent too bad, just scary so has me thinking of a fire extinguisher install, anyone know where to buy?) and plenty of long nights with cut blistered fingers, all for the love of my X.

now a question guys....what should i do next? i was thinking...

-two more 7" flipdowns on an angle so i can have a wall of tvs for the back seat.

-rear view camera, and universal gps for the 6" monitor in message center

-xenon bulbs or hid install?

let me know..and if you have any ?s feel free to ask

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! This site can be very addicting! It looks like you have a good start on your truck.

alright first off let me say im addicted to this site! ok ok i was a little slow with typing up a proper greeting, but theres so much ive learned from this board over the past few months i havent had time to do much on the computer due to the installations on my X. below ive got a list over the stuff ive done to my X since i got it in january. i love this truck man...only have one pic i could find, ill post more later

WARNING: THIS X WAS STOCK WHEN A BOUGHT IT, EXCEPT FOR THE SECOND ALARM WITH REMOTE START, AFTERMARKET HORN AND POSSIBLY THE PARKING SENSORS (I HAVENT SEEN ANOTHER 2ND GEN X WITH THEM YET)

2000 V8 5.0L FORD EXPLORER AWD EDDIE BAUER EDITION

January

- bought the truck, installed my Pioneer DEH-7800MP the same day along with my pioneer 5x7s (not sure of their model #) in the front doors (thank yoooou haynes manual!)

-a week later got 20% tint put on 6 of the windows, and 35% on the rear (above keyhole) my truck is dark as all hell at anytime, day night doesnt matter. remember the tint for all the back windows where put on top of the privacy glass

l1e89e6c3c1ba7adc22dc77tq5.jpg

February

-swapped stock headlights for silverstar ultras (awesome results! bright as ever!)

-installed 7" TView flidown monitor (my first time, ran power wire through pillar to accessory wire behind head unit)

-wired factory sub to aftermarket headunit (THANK YOU!)

-installed amp kit (first time) power to distribution block, (4 to two 8 gauges) one going to amp the other to my power inverter.

-disected a micosoft zune car charger, and hard wired to cigarette lighter (look below for why)

-installed ps2 in trunk area, microsoft zune in center console (kinda just sits in there.) a/v cables to both items were both ran to video game/input selector residing in glovebox ($5.00 @ walmart) then to monitor in roof and headunit.

March

-replaced 7" TView monitor with 13.4" widescreen Pyramid flipdown (around $150 on allaudioexpo.com) bridged power for monitor with power for dome lights ran to same accessory wire behind headunit

-installed video amp between roof and headliner (look below for why)

-replace message center with custom 6" boss monitor (THANK YOU!!!)

April

-completed destroyed 6" message center mod to try again (wasnt happy with my results, that bondo is hard to work with!) now sits on angle I can view comfortably while driving/parking

-changed every frickin stock light bulb (except for vanity mirrors, dash/door and dome lights in 13.4" monitor) with white leds (bought on ebay, just used stock bulb numbers, no breadboards.) including map lights, license plate, trunk/cargo area, rear seat, and puddle lamps on mirrors

-installed 10" neon bar (green) in driver side/passenger side footwells (under dash) which i wired to the dome lights so every time i turn on the interior lights they come on, same thing goes with opening the door

-installed 15" neon bar (green) under rear bench seat (just bridged with front neons)

May (so far)

5 days into may and Ive done the following:

-used duplicolor truck bedliner spray on everything black (interior trim) for texture to match 6"tv housing

-removed rear cd player/heating controls and replaced with outlet from power inverter (COMPLICATED AND TAKES A HELLA LONG TIME! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN THO!!!)

-bridged two more 10" green neon bars into doors so you can see my speakers whenever lights are on or doors are opened

-installed second outlet from power inveter in rear/cargo area wall (where the tire iron is located for easy access) the actual power inverter housing is also in the wall with tire iron

-sprayed chipping/peeling roof racks with bedliner spray (looks great!)

to total up everything id say 50+ hours or installation time, $500-$700 (including tools) in money dropped (i dont even have any subs yet) ive been electrocuted once and ive had 2 small electrical fires (which werent too bad, just scary so has me thinking of a fire extinguisher install, anyone know where to buy?) and plenty of long nights with cut blistered fingers, all for the love of my X.

now a question guys....what should i do next? i was thinking...

-two more 7" flipdowns on an angle so i can have a wall of tvs for the back seat.

-rear view camera, and universal gps for the 6" monitor in message center

-xenon bulbs or hid install?

let me know..and if you have any ?s feel free to ask

Welcome to the site, please post pics of your mods.

took forever but finally got sum pics up:

2007072100118hf9.jpg

2007072100119ks5.jpg

2007072100120gp1.jpg

2007072100121nv1.jpg

2007072100122ox8.jpg

Back