Changed the look a bit. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changed the look a bit.

Here is what it looked like yesterday...

1600colinOco-med.jpg

...and here is what it looks like today.

1600NewLook2-med.jpg

There was no point for me to have the roof rack, the brush guard was just bothering me and I just happened to come across three cans of Krylon Ultra Flat Black. Whadaya think?

EDIT: I also painted the entire rear bumper, but didn't take a picture of it. No need really. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it better accually. Good job :thumbsup:

-Drew

Looks really good. How much for the roof rack? :D

bmxking5 said:
Looks really good. How much for the roof rack? :D
Trust me you don't want it. It's a complete piece of crap from that Performance Accessories Magazine 5 years ago. It was beat on my old explorer, then Gopher had it on his and then back on this one. You'd have better luck just strapping stuff to your roof than having that thing.

Looks good Colin.....but kind of familiar :p

looks much better. i really don't like brush guards :thumbdwn:

hiridin said:
looks much better. i really don't like brush guards :thumbdwn:
Thanks! I don't either, but it was on there when I got it. I thought about just cutting off the bars that go from the main middle piece around the lights but figured I'd probably end up taing it off completely anyway.

FROADER said:
Thanks! I don't either, but it was on there when I got it. I thought about just cutting off the bars that go from the main middle piece around the lights but figured I'd probably end up taing it off completely anyway.

nah your better off without it. i used to like them... back when i was a kid. u know wow something that protects yer front end and i used to think they looked cool. but then i learned just how pointless they are. its dead weight it costs u ground clearance and a front end crash is a whole lot worse when u have one. so much for protecting the front end :rolleyes: anyways after i learned that stuff my appeal for them was gone. i don't even like how they look anymore. and i had a roof rack that looked just like that. always wanted one it was my big xmas present one year. put it on there and i didn't like it. didn't look right. looked out of place. and it served me no purpose. and it got caught on everything. it was mere decoration... i couldn't take it off cuz my parents jus bought it for me. i was going to jus sell it eventually but my dad took care of it for me. forgot it was up there and tried to drive under the car port. no more roof rack. anyways your truck looks better without the little "decorations" on it.

That looks soooo much better! :thumbsup: Same color scheme as the Sports. It looks alot like my wife's Sport, now. I never was crazy about the EB trim color. :thumbdwn:

Wait! How do we know it's not just photoshopped! :confused: ;)

RangerX said:
That looks soooo much better! :thumbsup: Same color scheme as the Sports. It looks alot like my wife's Sport, now. I never was crazy about the EB trim color. :thumbdwn:
Yeah, the EB trim color didn't bother me too much because the rest of the truck is white. I agree with you when the truck is a color other than white with the EB tan.

Oh, I didn't do the best job on the front fenders because I'm going to cut them following the flared part of them, so the paint will be gone anyway.

I think I'm also going to take off the cross bars up top. I don't need those either.

You don't really need your roof, either! :D

looks good, like a long sport. diggin the license plate too

the new look is even better! i love flat black paint jobs lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back