• Register Today It's free!

Thanks for a great site

muddymoose

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
This site has proven invaluable to me today, getting my wife's 97 Explorer XLT SOHC running again. As a Jeep nut, I've been around a number of Jeep forums over the years. I never looked much into Explorer forums though, largely because I've never had much trouble with it. That is, until today.

My wife called me from work at midnight because the Explorer was rolling over but not starting. I drove over and looked at it for a bit, and finally we flat towed it a few miles home so I could get it in the garage. After a lot of troubleshooting and scratching my head, I finally Googled my way here. The information I found through searching on here finally lead me to the crankshaft position sensor, which solved the problem.

But on top of that, on my post-repair drive I discovered the front end would shake violently when turning or after hitting a bump. Thinking I bent something in the front end while towing it, I feared the worst. But again this site quickly showed me that it was just air in the power steering. It didn't cross my mind that turning while towing put air in the system.

So now everything's back to normal, thanks largely to the information and experience of the members here. I'm sure I'll be hanging around.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! Check out out photo gallery; we've got some "Jeep eaters" on here.:D Happy posting and congrats on fixing your expo!

Back