the New Baby 4.4 Diesel for 2010 F-150 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the New Baby 4.4 Diesel for 2010 F-150

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Found some new info on this..

Should be out for 2010-11 year model
330HP
450TQ
20% increase in mileage over 5.4 gas (which would put it at about 23mpg on highway.:thumbsup:)

Will be available in:
F-150
Expo
Navi
E-Series
SD

dealershow020.jpg

dealershow017.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome but I wonder what diesel will cost in 2010.
right now it's $4.35 round here. sucks big time

Urea ???

isn't that your pee ????

guess it means you can really get peed off at the dealer,, , , , ha ha ha,,,,,,

thats awesome

how coem they dont put that diesel engine in an explorer or mounty

too heavy for the chassis

Really? I could see the front suspension needing a little beefing up to take the extra weight (heftier springs?), but I doubt that the engine is so heavy that the truck couldn't take it.

I will be ready for a new truck in 2010 or 11. See what the other companies have at the time.....

Any idea who the manufacture is, it is a ford design or International again?

never mind I found it:
"We've known for some time now that Ford would be introducing a new light duty diesel V-8 in their trucks in 2010 and the first images have now popped up on the interwebs. An attendee at a Ford dealer show in Las Vegas this week snapped some pics of the 4.4L oil burner. The engine is reportedly based on the 3.6L diesel already offered in European versions of the Land Rovers and Range Rovers. Unlike the diesels currently offered in Ford's Super Duty trucks, supplied by Navistar, the new engine is an in-house design. According to the accompanying sign, the engine will debut in the F-150 partway through the 2010 model year with availability spreading to the rest of Ford's full-size SUVs, vans and even the Super-Duty trucks. Output is expected to be about 310hp with 15 percent more torque than the 5.4L V-8 and twenty percent better fuel economy. Fifty state Tier 2 Bin 5 compliance will be achieved by urea injection."

South American and Middle Eastern Rangers come with the International/Navistar Twin Turbo 3.0L V6. Also Ford Europe launched a 2.5TDCi & 3.0 TDCi diesels rated at 156hp/280ft-lbs for the 3.0L.

The urea injection is how a lot of the EU manufactures are going. The urea is depleted as you drive meaning you'll eventually have to replace the cartridge/tank. I wonder who's going to be the first to try "refilling" it themselves. :scratch:

I was reading you fill it up when you change the oil or something. There is a fill spot in the fuel door;)

Will that be Budwieser or Miller Lite, Sir?

...and I can't wait to see the warning lable on the tank. You 'd think they'd have to say something. Otherwise, I can just hear, "Man gets hootus stuck trying to fill urea tank. Four firefighters needed to extricate..."

The poster says the dealership will fill it up when you go to them to get your oil changed, to help you "get comfortable" with using it. Right, sounds more like it's to help you get comfortable with $200 oil changes

Absolutely and then Jiffy Lube will be able to charge $300 for an oil change when they use "synthetic" urea!

Back