The plan: Two stock amplifiers...

Brandons

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 F150 SC 5.4
Since getting the eddie baur for parts, i got the stock amplifier out of it and i was wondering if it is possible to have two stock amplifiers instead of just the one. My plan was to have one amplifier run the rear speakers, and the other to run the front speakers, however ive come across a slight obstical... I dont know what each wire is for. I presume the wires in the shielded cable (8 in total) are the audio line cables. I also know that 8 of the wires on the other connection for the amp are for the speakers... yet there is 3 cables that i havent been able to determine.

There is a blue, red, and yellow cable. The blue one is slightly smaller guage than the red and yellow (by smaller guage i mean 14 instead of 12 as example).

I dont want to mess with trying either cable, i know they must be for power, however i cant really tell if blue is ground or not since its not as thick as the red or yellow...

Anyone got any ideas? thanks.

**EDIT - Haynes says the red goes to a JBL Woofer Amplifier, and the yellow goes to the fuse panel (as well as tow trailer) and also to the jbl woofer amplifier. Blue is shown as going to the radio unit itself....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better yet, what does this symbol stand for?

symbol.bmp

Its from these wiring diagrams, i think its a ground, but im very unsure..

Ok figured it out, and its funny, i can hold the signal cable from the stereo here in one hand, then the signal in for the amp in the other and i can hear the music im playin on the speaker lol. How fun..

WTF ?

the stock amplifier is total crap, so you think using two crappy stock amps in some funky wired up way will make you stereo sound better how ?

that is just ridiculous. i mean come on now.

Its also free at this point......

And fun to play around with.

It was merely for playin around with :D, parts were there, i was bored = fun stuff. It also helps me practice my soldering and wiring, as well as working with interior in the truck.

I did do it, and ill put it in a thread for the hell of it :D.

Im going to get a full pioneer system this summer i hope, speakers, main unit (cd/mp3/wma/something else here), and 4 way amplifier.

I made a new post with pictures, different title.. rather than this one which was asking some help..

lol...nice

Back