The splash guards in the engine compartment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The splash guards in the engine compartment

bookworm

Reaction score
City, State
Tula
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Hello,

need help with this. Inside the front wheel arch there is a kind of a flexible splash guard thing that covers the window into the engine compartment. Could you suggest the part's exact name and number? I have the left one missing and the right one falling off :mad:. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rockauto.

Right: XL2Z16102AA
left: XL2Z16103AA

thank you, but I think it is not what I need. The XL2Z16102AA part is the inner fender and on the catalog photo it looks like a solid piece of plastic. What I need is a flexible roughly rectangle thing (rubber?) attached to the vertical engine compartment wall on the outside, right behind the wheel.

It is called engine splash guard

Stefan has the right numbers, the site is just showing a generic photo of the fender liner if you are using the catalog. Just copy the numbers, go to rockauto.com, click the part number search tab, and paste it in.

Thanks a lot! At least I have guessed the part name )))

Hello,

need help with this. Inside the front wheel arch there is a kind of a flexible splash guard thing that covers the window into the engine compartment. Could you suggest the part's exact name and number? I have the left one missing and the right one falling off :mad:. Thanks!

Here are Ford part numbers:
LH: F57Z16103AD Marietta Ford $26.54@+tax; fordpartsonline $16.80@+shp
RH: F57Z16102AD

I rooted around in a couple of JYs with lots of Explorers and finally found a couple of good ones for about $5@.

Go to rock auto input the make model and year. Sear inner fender and there you will find the flexable splash gard. It looks shiny and looks like hard plastic but its not hard I just ordered one for myself.

My truck is missing both left and right ones, I a just going to go to the junk yard to grab mine. there are atleast 10 Explorers at my local junk yard, there has to be a set somewhere.

Or make your own. Buy some 1/8" thick rubber sheeting from the home improvement store.

Or make your own. Buy some 1/8" thick rubber sheeting from the home improvement store.

Good idea, although I don't have a template to go off of.

Back