• Register Today It's free!

The Truck Fairy

GoneExploring

Reaction score
City, State
Sugarcreek, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB 4x4
Well the truck fairy stopped by my house today. To my surprise she dropped off a 3in BL, a Tuff Stuff 12,500pd winch, Steel for a bumper, New rims and tires, A K&N drop in, new plugs and wires, and all the fluids to go completly synthetic. I dont know what I did to deserve it but man Im happy I got it. Well I guess I will have to get to work and post some before and after pics when Im done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why don't you send that truck fairy to my place? Apple Creek isn't too far away!

Hell, send her about 10 hours south when she gets done there! I could sure use her about now! (lucky *******)......mutters under breath......

hey your in apple creek we should get together sometime and do some wheeling im kinda new to the area and dont know of any places to go besides my buddies farm

I'd love to hook up...trouble is, there isn't much around here that's legal, and I'm not into going to jail. JeepSkool.com has events planned, but I have no experience with them, they're about an hour and a half northeast of here. I'd love to test out my rig, haven't really done much offroad with this one.

they are pretty capable stock i ran mine like that for awhile then got the bug so i did the tt and shackles it was pretty cheap and put some 32x11.5 under it it does really well i was surprised but now the bug bit me so its time to start building

lucky!!!! =o

I'm sitting at about the same place you were...TT and AAL, then I found the thread on a BW 4406 swap. Planning a trip to a boneyard in Cbus in the coming weeks to start aquiring parts...I've got that damn CV front driveshaft (AWD) and I've been dying to get rid of it ever since I got the truck. I'm thinkin lockers, custom bumper and winch too, but I have too much to do with it the way it sits before I get ahead of myself lol. Also, I can't find a BL for my truck...5.0 AWD...does it exist? I've been told it does not by a local 4x4 builder, but he doesn't specialize in X, so who knows?

I am 4 hours to your guys west, just over the Indiana line. We should all try to make it down to the badlands sometime. Or we could go crash the JeepSkool.com outings!

I'm sitting at about the same place you were...TT and AAL, then I found the thread on a BW 4406 swap. Planning a trip to a boneyard in Cbus in the coming weeks to start aquiring parts...I've got that damn CV front driveshaft (AWD) and I've been dying to get rid of it ever since I got the truck. I'm thinkin lockers, custom bumper and winch too, but I have too much to do with it the way it sits before I get ahead of myself lol. Also, I can't find a BL for my truck...5.0 AWD...does it exist? I've been told it does not by a local 4x4 builder, but he doesn't specialize in X, so who knows?

you need to order this kit for a BL for the 2nd gen, the thread is a sticky at the top. Search function is also your friend.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240957

Back to your thread sir. Sorry for the off topic post:thumbsup::salute:

its all good cause thats what i was gonna say its the pa 883 kit its for a ranger but its what everyone on this site is running that i have seen and yes we do need to get a run together for our area of the country i have been thinking about this for awhile now lol

Did that heep thing disease come from the federal government by any chance? and is that fairy afraid of snow cause i could use her over here...

yeah i think it did come from the federal government and no shes not afraid of snow cause she dropped it off here in ohio but she told me that I got all that she had left

you need to order this kit for a BL for the 2nd gen, the thread is a sticky at the top. Search function is also your friend.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240957

Back to your thread sir. Sorry for the off topic post:thumbsup::salute:

I've found similar info here and other sites, but none done on a V8 truck. I've gotta assume things in the front end are gonna be a little different... so ultimately I guess I'm asking Will the same kit work on MY truck, at least without major PITA fab work. Can't afford to tear it down and not get it back together in the same weekend...she's my DD, and this fat boy's gotta eat!

I've found similar info here and other sites, but none done on a V8 truck. I've gotta assume things in the front end are gonna be a little different... so ultimately I guess I'm asking Will the same kit work on MY truck, at least without major PITA fab work. Can't afford to tear it down and not get it back together in the same weekend...she's my DD, and this fat boy's gotta eat!

You need the Pa853 for a ranger and there has been a lot of guys with v8's who have used this body lift.
Here's 410Fortune's truck it just happened to be the first one I saw in the project section. SEARCH is your friend.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142851

You need the Pa853 for a ranger and there has been a lot of guys with v8's who have used this body lift.
Here's 410Fortune's truck it just happened to be the first one I saw in the project section. SEARCH is your friend.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142851

SEARCH is my friend; that's how I found that one too, which leads me to believe even further that the Ranger BL is a bad idea, at least the full 3 inches. Going less requires fab time. Like I said, it's my dd, I'm not looking to "rig" or halfass anything - steering shaft rubbing the manifold is unacceptable for my uses...I guess I'll just tear into it one day this spring. In good weather I can take the bike to work...

EDIT- Finally made it to the end of 410Fortune's thread. Nice install and finally answered my questions, I think. Guess what guys, NEWBIE LEARNED TO SEARCH...

Back