• Register Today It's free!

Soa conversion questions

Jzop

Reaction score
City, State
Red Bank NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
So im buying a new leaf pack with an AAL kit along with warrior 153s to replace my AZ crap shackles, and a 3in BL kit to round everything off. I plan to take a weekend off and see what I can get done starting with the springs and AAL followed by shackles and then BL. But before I start I was thinking about a couple other options that I might want to do either instead of the leafs, shackles and BL or with them. What I had in mind was either new 3in spindles in front with an SOA conversion in the back or the new springs with AAL and shackles with a BL. But, would it be ok to replace the springs that are basically rusted and flat with new ones, an AAL and shackles all over the rear axle with new 3in spindles up front and lastly the 3in BL so i can clear some 35's. Money is not really an option because well most of the stuff im getting in total is below 1000 bucks. Just wanted to see if anyone had some info on whether or not all this at once is a good idea or would it lead to other problems like shocks not being long enough or uneven front and rear ends. I will probably spend a little more time calculating the total amount of lift i would get from doing all this just so i can avoid a major catastrophy.

o and by the way i recently replaced all 4 shocks from stock to Rancho RS9000XLs which i know if i do the SOA i will need to either fab some new rear shock mounts or try and put the old ones somewhere workable

any feed back would be greatly appreciated

soa will give you 5-6", shackles give about 1.5", add-a-leaf gets 1-2" so if you want nearly 10" in the rear then add it all but budget money for a lengthened driveline.

If it were me, use the "worn" out leaf pack with a good set of shocks. It'll flex pretty good as long as the leaves aren't so worn out that they start to warp.

soa will give you 5-6", shackles give about 1.5", add-a-leaf gets 1-2" so if you want nearly 10" in the rear then add it all but budget money for a lengthened driveline.

If it were me, use the "worn" out leaf pack with a good set of shocks. It'll flex pretty good as long as the leaves aren't so worn out that they start to warp.

I think im going to end up getting the new leafs and warrior 153 shackles and use them for the SOA but leave out the AAL because thats something im kinda realizing im not going to need if i do the SOA. plus i can always take off the shackles which would be much easier then removing the AAL in the long run. my next question is will the spindles in the front with maybe another inch on my TBs be enough to set both my front and rear even. and were in the hell can i get 3in spindles. been looking around but i haven't been able to find any

Back