• Register Today It's free!

Thinking About An Upgrade

leftoverture

Reaction score
City, State
Birdtown, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Miata SE BRG #1837
I just test drove an 07 Eddie Bauer. Being a 1st gen owner I found it interesting how I felt right at home in the 07 even though it's quieter and smoother in just about every way. Somehow it still has that "Explorer" feel I guess.

The one I'm looking at has the 4.0 V6. How is this newer version of the 4.0 different than the 1st gen? I did notice it has a plastic thermostat housing, which seems a really stupid idea to me, but other than that it looked pretty easy to work on, but hopefully I won't have to do much of that for a while.

So anyone on here have any experience with the newer versions? I think the 07 is 4th gen, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also I should mention that for anyone in the Minnesota area my first gen is for sale if I proceed with the purchase of the 07. If there is any interest let me know quick because I may trade it in otherwise depending on what the dealer might offer me for it. It's got 166,400 miles and typical MN rust but overall it doesn't look bad for a nearly 20 year old truck. Tires are good, new shocks, tie rod ends, battery, front brake pads, EGR tube, solenoid, and valve, and probably a few other things I've done to it. 4WD works perfectly and I drive it almost every day, which says a lot since I have three cars to choose from.

I bought a 2010 Ford explorer LTD just 3 weeks ago luv it... Dont ditch the 94 use it as a winter beater....thats what i plan in doing....

Too late, I sold the 94 today.

Well, I really wanted the 07 EB to work out, but it had issues and the dealer couldn't resolve them fast enough for me. So I bought an 07 Grand Cherokee instead. Hope the Jeep forums are as useful and friendly as this one!

Back