• Register Today It's free!

Third row for dog? Covercraft

clayjo

Reaction score
City, State
Norwalk, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
About to take delivery of new Sport model and good thing it doesn't have electronic third row seats (read that forum of the crushed dog...ouch)

Anyway, looking for the best cargo area 'cover' or 'blanket' that will protect from dog damage.

I also noticed that the Sport does not have the option of the bumper protector.

Please give me your recommendations and/or photos.

thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BMC seems to be the leading bumper protector around these parts as it has an edge that overlaps the bumper cover as opposed to the Ford one. I have the Ford cargo area protector and it does well for what I use it for. Hope this helps.

Also, interested if any member has had a medium size dog behind the third row, or if the third row has to go down.

Looks like they do make a small liner that only fits behind the third row and one that fits the whole area when third row down.

Any suggestions welcome....

Also, interested if any member has had a medium size dog behind the third row, or if the third row has to go down.

Looks like they do make a small liner that only fits behind the third row and one that fits the whole area when third row down.

Any suggestions welcome....

I have 2 large dogs... I ended up rolling my own cover. It will work w/ the second row up or down. It protects the sides, and is water proof and slightly padded.

cover1sm.jpg

About to take delivery of new Sport model and good thing it doesn't have electronic third row seats (read that forum of the crushed dog...ouch)

Anyway, looking for the best cargo area 'cover' or 'blanket' that will protect from dog damage.

I also noticed that the Sport does not have the option of the bumper protector.

Please give me your recommendations and/or photos.

thanks in advance.
A search I did came up with the following thread which has a couple of pictures. The one of mine is the OEM cover.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334244&highlight=bumper+protector

As for crushing the dog, the seats will not fold/unfold with the lift gate closed.

I keep my 3rd row stowed all the time and have a Husky cargo cover back there that the dogs are on when they are in the vehicle.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360407&highlight=cargo+mat

Peter

Just laid out $300 for a second row seat covers (kid) and a cargo area custom liner with bumper flap (dog).

Kinda pricey, but I hear their products are really nice quality. Will post some pics when I get them installed.

I missed this thread till now. In my thread about my Explorer I have pictures down the page for the Canvasback covers I had them make for my EX.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371959
They are truly wonderful. Everything just brushes off of them. They are the best I have had for my dogs.

Back