This 2021 XLT is growing on me BIG TIME!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This 2021 XLT is growing on me BIG TIME!!

Jettech498

Reaction score
City, State
Morrow
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Last Friday we drove 100 miles to my Aunt and Uncles house in Goodwater, AL. It was under 500 miles on the odometer at the time so I varied my speeds and didn't get on it much. 30 miles was highway, the rest was just 2 lane roads. I averaged 26mpg on 87 octane fuel. Impressive to say the least. Coming home today we took a different way back to where it was more highway. The odometer passed 500 miles on I-85 just south of Newnan. When it did I slammed my foot to the floor, still the same 87 octane fuel that I filled it with in Atlanta. That thing went from 70 to 110 (when the wife limiter kicked in) as quick as my 2019 Explorer Sport with the 3.5L twin turbo engine in it did it. Now that's amazing!!! Still in normal mode, still 87 octane fuel. We got back to Atlanta and I filled it with 93 octane to feel the difference in the future. Oh and I set the cruise on I-85 at 80 for a while too, I was averaging 24.7mpg. That in itself is impressive too. Oh yeah, I'm loving this thing BIG TIME!!! What's to complain about? Lots of room, rides like a dream, tracks dead on, great gas mileage, and damn will it go fast if and when needed. WOW.... I love it!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy:chug:

Yeah congrats, Ford did a great thing with the 20+ Explorer.

Happy Trails.
Yes they did. We absolutely LOVE IT!! I'm just amazed at the power coming from the 2.3L. I'm so glad I didn't spend an extra 20k on the ST because that's what we were originally going to get.

Yes they did. We absolutely LOVE IT!! I'm just amazed at the power coming from the 2.3L. I'm so glad I didn't spend an extra 20k on the ST because that's what we were originally going to get.
Well I love my ST and I have never in my life enjoyed driving and even just looking at a vehicle so much! I've taken too many photos! I've had some really great cars buy this is the best one despite its flaws. Most ST owners will agree that the stupid grin on your face never goes away and people stare at you as you drive by. Also, the markdowns on the ST's were huge in the beginning. I got $8,000 off sticker!

Back