Three Ohio drivers are suing Ford for the Ecoboost engine being a defective design. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Three Ohio drivers are suing Ford for the Ecoboost engine being a defective design.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And this is just the tip of the ice berg. Just wait until someone gets killed. Glad I researched this cause I was going to buy a Noboost 2013 F150. This is what led me to post over a month ago on this subject. What was Ford thinking when they did not test in all climate conditions. The worst part is there hiding the truth from the unsuspecting public so they keep pumping the almighty dollar in their product.

That blog post was weird. Short on facts and long on speculation. Seemed more like drunk rambling to me.

There are always hiccups with new tech in its first years and there are always Friday cars that owners will protest about. Nothing new under the sun. I will wait and see what happens but really think this will blow over. Does it really make sense that Ford is conspiring against owners to hide poor products or does it make more sense that their pre-production durability testing can't account for a few lemons out of hundreds of thousands of cars built. After all, Christine came off an assembly line too, a small percentage of cars are just born bad. :)

That blog post was weird. Short on facts and long on speculation. Seemed more like drunk rambling to me.

There are always hiccups with new tech in its first years and there are always Friday cars that owners will protest about. Nothing new under the sun. I will wait and see what happens but really think this will blow over. Does it really make sense that Ford is conspiring against owners to hide poor products or does it make more sense that their pre-production durability testing can't account for a few lemons out of hundreds of thousands of cars built. After all, Christine came off an assembly line too, a small percentage of cars are just born bad. :)

Agreed.

And saying that turbocharging and direct injection are new, unproven technologies? WTF?

I love how he ends the article talking about the "bullet-proof" vehicles of the 90s and 2000s. Every time a new technology is available for cars, people always go on and on about how the old technology was perfect, bulletproof and more reliable. You also hear that argument that "this is going to be great for technicians who are going to have to use their computers to diagnose everything."

If anyone doubts that statement, you can look to the dozens of posts on this forum even where people complain about things like electronic ignition, fuel injection, or their transmission that only lasted 150k miles.

I'll wait until I hear what is REALLY going on with these engines, but I have my doubts it has anything to do with the ecoboost design. More likely a poorly made component that could have existed on any engine. Hopefully this doesn't scare people away from smaller turbocharged engines the same way the LF9 diesel scared people away from diesel engines in this country.

Until they get the water induction figured out on these gasoline aspirated ecoboosts I'll put off buying one. The diesel models as far as my knowledge work fine and that's because a little water or water vapor does not send a code to shut down. Now ford is working on some kind of band aid fix like a water deflector lol and reprogramming the computer. That's why I talked about ecoboost owners living well to the south of the Mason Dixon line which meant to imply about the high dew points. Once they get all this taken care of, the ecoboost should be fine. So I'll just wait.
Update
Just did a little research and it seems Ford did acknowledge this problem with a TSB for the charge air intercooler concerning the condensation buildup. Under certain conditions it should take care of the problem...we'll see.
Seems that the squeaky wheel does in fact get the grease lol. Great that people (consumers) speak up.

Back