• Register Today It's free!

Throttle Cable Mod.

tonyb351

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB v8 loaded
Ok. I have searched this sight and the internet until I'm blue in the face. If it's posted on this sight, I stand corrected. I have an '04 Eddie Baur 4.6 Explorer. I would like to make the simple bolt on mods you can do on every mod motor 2v 4.6 Mustang on the planet. I would like to loose the throttle by wire to a throttle cable so I can upgrade my throttle body. It appears no one makes a larger throttle body for this beast. Has anybody done a throttle cable conversion? Yes, I know it would need a custom tune.

The total plan is to install a more agressive cam and a better flowing intake. It's kind of a waste of time if you can't move more air.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

By the way, the brown wire mod is working quite nicely. I used a low current LED toggle switch tripping a 35amp 12V relay. It has been working quite nicely for about 18 months. There's nothing cooler than 4X2 low. It made my gearhead father scratch his head. That was worth the trouble alone. Not to mention no more jumping in the front end in a tight turn. No difference in milage though. My best so far is 19.9mpg highway. Thats 65 to 70mph from Louisville, Ky to Lexington, Ky on I-64.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sure it could be done, just hit a bone yard and buy the peddle + cable set up off of an 02-03 explorer. Ive done full bolt ons on my rig. Dont waste ur time, go straight for the superchargers + cams + shortblocks lol.

welcome

If you knock out the computer controlled throttle body, how will the PCM react? There is a lot of stuff in and out of there.

Shawn

I'm wanting to do this mod. also so I can install a Tork Tech supercharger. Anybody have any more thoughts or ideas on this modification?

Signing on to see if anyone has any ideas. Id love to loose the TBW... the slow reaction time is what I dont like.

I had my SCT X3 adjusted to get rid of the throttle lag and it feels alot more responsive now. My reasoning for changing back to a cable operated TB is so I can install a supercharger and TB for more power.

Back