• Register Today It's free!

thunderform or basslink

njoph85

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
i cant decide on whether i want an amlified mtx thunderform or the infiniyty basslink. which one will produce better bass and distort the least at high volumes.

if i choose the basslink where should i install it

I have JL Audio stealthbox in the X, but I also have a basslink in my Acura. While the stealthbox is nice cause it's hidden, & I can use all of my hatch space, it isn't that loud. Now the basslink is very loud in my Acura. I would guess it would sound better in the X too then the stealthbox. However I need my hatch space. The basslink is a great little sub. Don't expect it to pound out bass though. It sounds great inside the car. But you will not be heard for blocks, or rattle windows.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/28735700/28741891AzSlqXOBIT

I have a Stealth box in my X with a 10" Rockford Fosgate HE2 w/ Rockfor Fosgate 500x2 and it sounds great. Like Jason94sport said not earth shattering bass but it is perfect for my taste. I have my X set up for theater sound any way and it is just right for my desire. Sure sometimes you want to shake the ricer next to you but more often you need to carry something or just put your shopping bags in the back so the loss of space is not worth it for me.

Check it out here

Stay away from the Bass Link. I would say that 90% of the people that buy them were I work return them. I have never had to remove a Thunderform from a car because somebody did not like it.

Back