Tillamook State forest ORV | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tillamook State forest ORV

Not this time

I'll be riding Chilly Hilly with a couple friends.

I am planning on doing Naches and may gain a little more clearance by then ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm there! i get my truck back on saturday just north of seaside so ill be in the area on that date stretching out the new parts i hope i run into you dudes, i want to meet some guys with explorers to go out and shread with. all my friends drive jeeps and its no fun out wheeling the hell out of them every time and having to pull them out of holes and stuff every trip out. hope to see you guys there ill be wandering around the forest keeping an eye out for you guys, mine is on 33' bf muds, detroits, 4 inch lift on a red 98 xlt with a spare on the roof in a basket. email me at alangoering@yahoo.com if your gonna be running only certain trails so i can try to meet up with you guys

Link of the most up to date info.
Hope to see you there, my rig looks like this

Attachments

• IM000952.JPG
    IM000952.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 163

On my way home from TSF I had my front left wheel bearing seize up at 70 on the freeway, now that is neat :D
Now I have 6 days to make repairs to get ready for the Evans creek run after that the D44 is going in ;)

How much did it tear up?? :(

My parts to get list (so far) spindle,spindle nuts,rotor,lockout hub,bearings, and maybe brake pads and a rotor.
The hard part will be removing the seized wheel bearing, I tried to replace the on the side of the freeway, but I could not get it to move :thumbdwn:
I would just start the SAS but I have a run next weekend. :D
TSF is a fun place to wheel, I will be going back there in a couple months
lots of hill climbs with rock in the 10-16"+ size.

OUCH. :eek:

Are you going to the bone yard today?

Let me know how it's going for next weekend. Trav and I are about 90% over our colds and ready to go.

Ouch guy that would be scary as hell!!!!!!
Good luck with your quick repairs so y'all can have fun next week on Albino's jealously concealed ride along.

JR, you seem to have a good lead on junk yard parts? (thinking of all those body panels a while back).

I am getting involved in a....... uh........... very involved project for the spring and was curious If you might be able to remember if they had a couple vehicles out there at the yard.

In short I am looking for an 84-85 toyota truck (or FJ80 though unlikely) for the 8" front axle, and am also looking for a HP Dana 30 or 44, but we can wait to find that axle for a while. The main focus is on the 8" front right now so I can get started on rebuilding it while the parts start coming in.

P.S. Don't ask questions Albino, and no you can't have a ride. :D :cool:

And no it's not going under the X :(

dreamr said:
Ouch guy that would be scary as hell!!!!!!
Good luck with your quick repairs so y'all can have fun next week on Albino's jealously concealed ride along.

JR, you seem to have a good lead on junk yard parts? (thinking of all those body panels a while back).

I am getting involved in a....... uh........... very involved project for the spring and was curious If you might be able to remember if they had a couple vehicles out there at the yard.

In short I am looking for an 84-85 toyota truck (or FJ80 though unlikely) for the 8" front axle, and am also looking for a HP Dana 30 or 44, but we can wait to find that axle for a while. The main focus is on the 8" front right now so I can get started on rebuilding it while the parts start coming in.

P.S. Don't ask questions Albino, and no you can't have a ride. :D :cool:

And no it's not going under the X :(

Cool,,,,,,,,,,,, a 4X4 Tracer :thumbsup: :eek: :banghead:

HP D44 . Might be canadian money,whats the exchage :thumbsup:

If you get a D30 get one from a 95 or newer they have the better u joints.

I will keep a eye out for a 8" Toyota.

Thanks JR, I sent him a message about the 44.
I'm kinda leanin to the d30 for that project, just for cost factors, but ya can't turn down a deal like that on a 44.

Thanks for keepin your eyes out for the 8"

This should be an interesting year :D
I've never done a thing like this, but I'll learn I suppose.
Besides someone else's truck is a good place to learn. And there are kits available to convert an IFS Toyota to Solid axle, so it should be a bit easier than the next project once I decide what that D30 or 44 is going under. First gen sport or mine or a tube buggy? :D.

Maybe I won't end up hitting you up for help on those sliders though, cause my buddy ordered a welder last night, and the tube bender I get to buy next week, if 4x4 repairs don't hit me too hard

Got it all apart, a trip to pull a part tomorrow and I should be on the road again :thumbsup:
Now if i can pull some small (dial up) video clips that I can upload.

You made that look SO easy. Eddie wasn't even breathing hard :eek:

I weighed my explorer at the truck scales on the way home and it weighs in at 6K, no wonder explorers are slow.

I was up there Geocaching with my kids but didn't see any Explorers. Went over to Sand Lake that afternoon and had some fun in the dunes.

dreamr said:
Thanks JR, I sent him a message about the 44.
I'm kinda leanin to the d30 for that project, just for cost factors, but ya can't turn down a deal like that on a 44.

Thanks for keepin your eyes out for the 8"

This should be an interesting year :D
I've never done a thing like this, but I'll learn I suppose.
Besides someone else's truck is a good place to learn. And there are kits available to convert an IFS Toyota to Solid axle, so it should be a bit easier than the next project once I decide what that D30 or 44 is going under. First gen sport or mine or a tube buggy? :D.

Maybe I won't end up hitting you up for help on those sliders though, cause my buddy ordered a welder last night, and the tube bender I get to buy next week, if 4x4 repairs don't hit me too hard

8.8 and d30

jrgaylor said:

Wish I had 1500 to buy those for me!!!! Already set up and ready to roll with 35's. Damn I want to SAS my rig not the toyota out there. But then again I would probably spend so much time making it pretty that I would be afraid to scratch the dif :D

Hmm 1500 for the axles and another 500-1500 for a 91-94 sport. Ok I need to stop before I use more of that credit :D

Thanks for keeping your eyes open JR! I am debatingon that set, cause they are perfect for my uses. Hmmmm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a great deal I am going to contact him and see if maybe I can work something out, I don't really need the d30 but at that price. ;)

Back