Tillamook State forest ORV

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
the original thread is located here on the broncoii.org site, it would be nice to get a few more explorers out on these runs.

"This is the Plan so far:

Where: The Tillamook State forest ORV
When: Febuary 26th & 27th Can also come up Friday and camp Friday night of course.
Camping: Stage Coach/ Horse Camp

Trail leads will be:

redranger4x4 for the Stockish group, Avoid Body Damage Group, etc.

jesusno2 and/or knightkrawler will lead the crazier Modified rig's group. jesusno2 is very knowledgeable about the area. Was chatting with him in the Chat room one night. He will be leading us with his Yota because his Bronco II aint all modified yet but his Yota is a good build.

Where is The Tillamook State forest ORV area?

It's on highway 6 going west towards the coast. Here's a link to a trail map. http://www.odf.state.or.us/areas/northwest/tillamook/tsf/ohvguide.asp We will meet in the morning at the Banks grocery store called Jim's it's the only one in town. Just take highway 26 to 6 then take the only Banks exit and turn right. Turn right again to get to the grocery store. We'll meet in the parking lot. There's a gas station there as well. I hope to see a good turn out for this from you Washington folks If I can make it to Washington for trail rides up there you can make it down here. Here's another link to the OHV information. http://www.odf.state.or.us/areas/northwest/tillamook/tsf/ohv.asp

Things you will need to bring with you:

Camping gear if you’re going to camp.
A shovel.
Firewood.
Water at minimum 2 gallons.
Must purchase an ORV Permit for Oregon if you don't already have one. They can be purchased at local stores down here. They only cost $10 and are good for 2 years. The fine is high so get one.
Bring Food more then enough.

Suggested equipment:

Tools & Spare parts if you got them.
Highlift.
Cardboard to lie on to work on your rig incase you have too.
Tow strap.

Advanced crazy group recommendations:

33's, locker, winch, etc. You know what to bring. If your crazy enough and only have 31's w/locker we may let you go with this group but I don't recommend it.

Who's down for this? "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jrgaylor said:
Avoid Body Damage Group
"

Are you talking to me JR?

Lol I know your not, but that would be me ehh.
I am kinda itching to play again, but can't for a while.

Possibly by the end of winter if all goes well I should be sitting on 33's
Air lockers are in the works as well, but may be spring before reality.

So after I at least get the lift, are you ready to make my rock sliders yet ;)

I don't have my garage built yet, but I have the toys to build just about anything now, so weather permitting you let me know when you what the sliders and we will arrange a time for you to come down here and we will get you set up. Are you going to be puting on a body lift?

hopefully i'll be bringin the TT up to a full 2' and tossing a AAL in. Then the BL.
I wanted the 4" superlift, but it is entirely to expensive for my blood.

I will likely get most of this done this winter, so I'll let you know. I figure that with the BL the sliders are going to become even more neccessary to "balance" on rather than gas tanks and other undercarriage parts.

I was gwenerally thinkin of going with 2" or 1 3/4" square or rectangle stock against the base of the running boards. coming out for the second bar , like the averagde slider i see

Now I'll quite hyjacking your thread

I'm going to try to make in on that run. I'll be in the stockers group since I haven't done much offroading other than pulling the ATV trailer in the sand. :rolleyes:

dreamr said:
hopefully i'll be bringin the TT up to a full 2' and tossing a AAL in. Then the BL.
I wanted the 4" superlift, but it is entirely to expensive for my blood.

I will likely get most of this done this winter, so I'll let you know. I figure that with the BL the sliders are going to become even more neccessary to "balance" on rather than gas tanks and other undercarriage parts.

I was gwenerally thinkin of going with 2" or 1 3/4" square or rectangle stock against the base of the running boards. coming out for the second bar , like the averagde slider i see

Now I'll quite hyjacking your thread

Once you get the BL done it would make it easy to put sliders.

kenr74-I think there is going to be several rigs in the stocker group, so you won't be to lonely

I'm planning on going if my new job permits it... :thumbsup:

JR
not to get of topic but, you live in Onalaska Wash? my mom and Dad left there about 10 yrs ago, moved to Vegas, My Dad was the founder of the ford Galaxy club of America, Bill Barber (RIP)

spindlecone said:
JR
not to get of topic but, you live in Onalaska Wash? my mom and Dad left there about 10 yrs ago, moved to Vegas, My Dad was the founder of the ford Galaxy club of America, Bill Barber (RIP)

That is interesting, it is really a small world.

Snowexploder it is still aways off that should give youtime for a planned illness :D

Man this sucks. I'll be heading out to Japan on the 1st of January and won't be back until Mrch 31st. Hopefully we can get a run going in April.

jrgaylor said:
That is interesting, it is really a small world.

Snowexploder it is still aways off that should give youtime for a planned illness :D

I know, but I'm working at stevens pass this winter and that is our busiest time... Its just kinda a wait and see thing.

This summer I would like to try to get a multi day (3) run to the Naches area with camping on the east side of the mountians, sometime around the end of july.

dreamr said:
Hmmm. Camping plus 4x4...... please say their are fish and a "avoid damage" category.

If he says yes to the questions are you game Albino, we can fish and play on the puppy hills :D While the big dogs play on the scary stuff.

Don't know about fishing,when i ran the main naches pass trail last summer a stock 4runner on 30x9.5 made it through with only damage to one of his rims (boyds) which we banged back into shape with a hammer, but I think the trails I would be looking to run might make you go :eek: :confused: :eek:

:D

dreamr said:
Hmmm. Camping plus 4x4...... please say their are fish and a "avoid damage" category.

If he says yes to the questions are you game Albino, we can fish and play on the puppy hills :D While the big dogs play on the scary stuff.

Yes.

I'll bring the extra waders and as many poles as I can find.

I have been really wanting to check out naches for wheeling and riding... I would definatly be up for that...

I am going to start a naches trail thread,

Bump
Just a reminder this is coming up and there is a stocker class, heard they were going to go through two mall parking lots in a row non stop :D

jrgaylor said:
Bump
Just a reminder this is coming up and there is a stocker class, heard they were going to go through two mall parking lots in a row non stop :D

OUCH! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two, that's a lot of parking stops. I know the stock suspensions can handle it, but can the drivers?

Back