• Register Today It's free!

Tire/mileage calculator?

Bigcheck1

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Nissan Xterra
I replaced my original size tire (265x65x17) on my Xterra with a BFG All Terrains (265x70x17). I have yet to find a calculator to tell how much my speedo and mileage is off. This thing has always gotten terrible gas mileage, but it can't be this bad. If anybody knows of a good calculator, let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced my original size tire (265x65x17) on my Xterra with a BFG All Terrains (265x70x17). I have yet to find a calculator to tell how much my speedo and mileage is off. This thing has always gotten terrible gas mileage, but it can't be this bad. If anybody knows of a good calculator, let me know.

265/65/17 = 30.6" tire
265/70/17 = 31.6" tire

at 55 MPH, your doing 56.8
at 65 your doing 67.1

Dead Link Removed for speed calculations.
Dead Link Removed for tire size conversion

Not to hijack your thread but i have a similar ? and none of those calculators seems to give me the info i need lol. I had 3.27's with the stock size tires, 27in i believe. I now have 33's (well actually closer to 32) but i swapped out a complete rear end with 4.10's. Now since the new rear end has the speed sensor calibrated for the 4.10's should my speedo be pretty close to accurate?

Blee, thanks.

Any idea how to tell about my mileage? Is it 5% off? Any way to tell? I was not a math major......

Its less than that.. My math says 3.25% increase

Back