Tire opinions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire opinions

Ok......Im about to install my James Duff 2.5" lift with extended radius arms. Has anyone had any expeience with either one of these tires:

31x10.50 Pirelli Scorpion A/T

32x10.50 Super Swamper TSL Radial

How do they hold up on and off road? Road noise? Fitting with the JD 2.5" lift? Thanks in advance.:D

Those are 2 totally different tires. I'd say if you're more biased towards comfort and onroad, Pirellis. If you're more biased towards offroad and don't mind road noise and faster treadwear, go with the TSLs.

If you're even concerned about road noise at all stick with those Pirelli's. If you're into real wheeling, especially in the mud, the TSL's are the way to go.

I think I found a set of tires that fit my need and price...I am currently running Mastercraft Courser A/Ts and they seem to be a good reliable tire and they aren't priced that high.....I looked on their webpage and the Mastercraft Courser M/Ts look mean and the price doesn't scare me for the 31x10.50s. I do more on road driving but once I get the truck better equipped, I plan on spending a lot of time off-road.

My ProComp XTerrains are a very good compromise of offroad performance and onroad comfort and (lack of) noise. They also have decent treadwear for a tire that aggressive.

Back