Tire Pressure for BFG...31's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Pressure for BFG...31's

For those of you with BFG 31x10.5x15's, what tire pressure are you maintaining? Max tire pressure is 50psi. I have kept mine at 32-35psi, but was thinking about going up to 40. Any suggestions? Anyone find out what the manufacturer recommends? I bought the tires at a used tire shop so they really weren't any help. I even e-mailed BFG but they never got back to me. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use 36 psi in my 30x9.5 BFG's. Maybe this can help.

stay at 35 going to 40 will just make your explorer ride like a train 35 will keep it on the plush side i used to work at america's tire company and any suv got 35 psi unless the customer or atechnical service bulletin specified something else or unless we were informed that they do a lot of towing and needed to exert the pressure for max load capacity then we put the max

[Edited by jimabena74 on 01-10-2001 at 05:47 AM]

I run on-road my 31x10.5 BFG MTs at 32psi. Do the chalk-test, and you will know wich pressure is best for your tires.

Thanks guys

'96 Explorer XLT AWD V8, KKM True Rev Induction, 31x10.5x15 @ 32 psi because 35 to 36 still rides extremely rough, and 40 psi turns my explorer into a bouncy hard Superball on the California freeway when going fast over a road irregularity--scares the crap out of me.

When Ford originally recommended 26 psi on the Firestones, it was because they initally determined that the vehicle would be more controllable with less of a tendency to become unstable in situations that may be prone to rollover.

Back