• Register Today It's free!

Tire reviews for an 98 Explorer

DJ Strike It Up

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone! New to the board, but Ive owned my 98 Ford Explorer for about 3 years now - had a question about tires...just wanted to get everyone's opinion about Laramie Tires...

I tried to do a little research on them using google, trying to find reviews on them and all i could find was one review, so I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience with this tire brand?

The tire size ive been researching for my truck is 235-75-R15 and I currently have some Goodyears on my truck....but its time for some new tires, so anyone with some advice regarding Laramie Tires would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-johnny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On a little 15" rim most name brand tires I have used are big and mushy but last a long time.

If you want performance and have deep pockets then opt for a 18" rim with expensive street tires that don't last long. Don't park too close to the curb with these!

Boring, but tried and true Walmart usually has small truck tires just fit for an X.

In conclusion, most people will envy you if all four of your tires match these days.

i have michelin ltx ms on mine for now and they perform great and have lasted for a really long time. great grip in dry wet and even off road. only reason im not getting them this time is because michelin doesnt make a 15" mud tires so im getting kumho mts

If you have 4x4 lift it up and have some fun. Life is short. We love to see pictures.

i havent heard of those tires, but i have heard good reviews on goodyear silent armours
if you want a little extra height you can fit a 31x10.5 r15 with no problems

I put Kumho KR 21s and they work great. Lots of traction, but the truck does't want to roll over, just slide if you get to crazy.

i actually have 31-10.5-15 kumho road venture kl71 mt's and the tread design is sick and lots of it. they arent on yet but i cant wait to mount them and tear it up

Michelin LTX M/S. I have them on my '96 and my '04, both 4x4's. Great tire!! Pricey, but they last a long, long time. I have 40k on one set and the tread still looks great and has about 7/32 tread left.

firestone destination a/t

Decent offroad capability and great on the street

Back