• Register Today It's free!

tire size

bladed101

Reaction score
City, State
Sheppard AFB. TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
I just bought a 91 explorer first thing I did was put a set of 31 10.50 mud tires on it. after a few weeling trips and getting high centered on my axles I ordered a 4" tuff country lift for it. and I was wondering what would be a good size tire to run under it. I was thinking about 33 12.50 but I'm not sure yet.

I was also wondering if any one knows of any good ways to get some extra articulation out of my suspinsion. any help would be great thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what gears do u have stock? unless you are going to change them that'll decide what tire u should run...

To Achieve better articulation you need to disconnect the front & rear sway bars... As for tires you may have slight rubbing with 33x12.5 when using an 8" rim (3.75 BS).. A 10" rim with 3.75BS will rub alot more and will require you to trim some sheet metal off the front fenders..... As for gearing you need to heed hiridin's Advice and determine your current gear set... 3.27s are horrible with 33" tires; the engine will always feel and sound like its laboring as if you're 2 gears too high (not to mention bad gas mileage 12mpg). 4.10s or 4.56s would be much better suited and help you squeze out better fuel economy.

DeRocha said:
To Achieve better articulation you need to disconnect the front & rear sway bars... As for tires you may have slight rubbing with 33x12.5 when using an 8" rim (3.75 BS).. A 10" rim with 3.75BS will rub alot more and will require you to trim some sheet metal off the front fenders..... As for gearing you need to heed hiridin's Advice and determine your current gear set... 3.27s are horrible with 33" tires; the engine will always feel and sound like its laboring as if you're 2 gears too high (not to mention bad gas mileage 12mpg). 4.10s or 4.56s would be much better suited and help you squeze out better fuel economy.

is there any companys that make a quick disconect anti sway bars

curry makes this, you can easily adapt it with a little fab work.

Attachments

• p23198.jpg
    p23198.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 129

exploderpilot said:
curry makes this, you can easily adapt it with a little fab work.

what site did you find this on and is there any other sites that sell allot of explorer parts

Back