• Register Today It's free!

Tires and lift

Rambo91

Reaction score
City, State
West palm beach fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer Eddie bauer
So I just picked up a 2008 Eddie Bauer v8 package 4th gen it has 18in stock rims on it runnin 235 65 r18. Now I don’t want to go crazy but I want to but some bigger tires and possibly do a lift or leveling kit but not sure where to start any advise would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'd have to do a search for leveling kits, and I'm fairly certain there's no lift kits available, though I could very well be wrong about that.

I have a leveling kit in my amazon cart, but mine sits level as-is...if I could find a 2.5/2.5 or 3"/3" I'd go that route, but I'm not about to buy two separate kits so as to avoid having a rake, one way or the other...

I've got 245/70/17 on mine, stock offset Motegi wheels, no rub.

Having gone the leveling kit/larger tires route on my Expedition, not sure I want to run a bigger tire than what I have on the Exploder now. But I would like a little bit more height...it looks like a car compared to my Expy.

I can tell you having just done this a week ago the maximum you can fit with only minor rubbing are 265/65-18 with stock wheels. Only the passenger front tire rubs slightly. I'd do a little trimming but I am doing the Truxx leveling kit whenever it gets here. Previously I had 255/65-18s on it(odd size apparently) and they fit perfectly no rubbing whatsoever.

20210310_170410.jpg

I can tell you having just done this a week ago the maximum you can fit with only minor rubbing are 265/65-18 with stock wheels. Only the passenger front tire rubs slightly. I'd do a little trimming but I am doing the Truxx leveling kit whenever it gets here. Previously I had 255/65-18s on it(odd size apparently) and they fit perfectly no rubbing whatsoever.

View attachment 328609
Looks sweet so those are the stock Ford rims too

View attachment 328609
What kit do you have on there?

Back